“clean, well located B&B”

Castleview Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Liscannor
Castleview Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 9 Liscannor B&B and Inns
philadelphia
“clean, well located B&B”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2009

My wife and i stayed here last week for two nights and really enjoyed our visit. This was our first experience with B&Bs and we were not sure what to expect. The home is on a beautiful farm. The rooms are very nice and clean. It is a short walk to Gus O'Connors pub which has excellent music and good food. We ate there both nights.
The B&B is close to the Cliffs of moher and the burren and the pier where there are ferries to take you to the Aran islands. There are several other B&Bs on the main strip through Doolin that may be closer to the other pubs in town. If you are going to try to visit more than one pubs in a night you may not want to stay here because it is a far walk to the other pubs in town otherwise this is a great B&B and worth a visit. Nice host and good breakfast also.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank phillyguy101

Business
chicagoland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2009

In the middle of the country, fresh sea air lovely view. Many amenities nearby. going again next year/

• Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2008

I have stayed here a couple of times and enjoyed both visits. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the location is perfect for visiting The Cliffs of Moher, the traditional Irish session in the local pub in Doolin, the Aran Islands and the Burren of Co. Clare. The house is located on a working farm with a fantastic view of the Atlantic ocean and the Aran Islands. The "Irish Breakfast" was delicious and filled me up for the whole day. Next time we visit, we'll try to stay longer.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2008

My boyfriend told me of a trip he'd taken with his mother last year, and the highlight seemed to be the B&B in which they'd stayed. We'd been driving from Donegal that day, and the twisty roads were starting to get to me.

Once we'd begun to wind around the Burren of Clare, my stomach and my head were starting to tell me "let's just stop at the first place we find!" But my honey's description of the Castleview Farmhouse trumped my queasiness, and I'm glad it did!

Mary met us at the door and cheerfully led us to the last available room. After describing the protocol and catching up with my boyfriend, she told us where the closest available food would be and which pub had the music.

The room was beautifully decorated, the shower theraputic and the view, which included the Aran Islands was ravishing.

The next morning, over breakfast (a delicious one at that), Mary made sure we knew how to get to the Cliffs of Moher, before Patrick sent us off with a hearty welcome to his neighborhood.

I didn't want to leave, but we had one more B&B night ahead of us in Kerry! I'll surely return.

-Cat Braithwaite

• Liked — The commanding view and warm welcome.
  • Disliked — The drive up the hill was a little daunting...but just a little.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2006

One of the best B&B we found in Ireland. Very clean, large bathrooms, very well prepared breakfast. The location is absolutely peaceful, between farmhouses in Liscannor, next to the awesome beach at Lahinch and the Cliffs of Moher.
If you plan to visit the area, this place absolutely worths the money, you will enjoy a very pleasent stay.

1 Thank Gianmaria V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liscannor
Cliffs of Moher Hotel
#1 of 5 in Lahinch
Hotel Doolin
Hotel Doolin
#1 of 4 in Doolin

Been to Castleview Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!