“Great Food and Nice Staff”

Ashford Oriental Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 11 Restaurants in Ashford
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Have been to Ashford Oriental twice now. Have always found the food to be very good - huge portions and a struggle to finish at times! Staff are lovely and friendly too.

1  Thank Jenster30

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

We had a takeaway from here this evening and I must say I was horrified for a number of reasons!

1) the price - it was absolutely extortionate, €33 for three meals. I have absolutely no problem paying a considerable amount for good food but this wasn't the case

2) it was absolutely freezing when we got it home, and we only live less than a ten minute drive away

3) the quality of the food was awful, the chicken was like rubber and it had an awful taint to it. It was easy to ascertain it was reheated. I also had veg and it was cooked to the hilt it was so limp and awful

Overall it was really bad experience and I won't be returning

1  Thank Donane
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We went shopping on sat in Dublin,on the way back we stop off in ashford.We called in Oriental Restaurant ,thinking was nice place. The waiter showed us to our table,as we sat down ,we notice the carpet,curtains,and chairs were filthy .yuck. ,dust everywhere. We felt like getting up and walking out,but we decided to stay,. The restaurant was was cold,no heating on.,not happy.The food was ok,bit pricy,as you have to pay extra for rice.The staff not friendly at all. Will not be back.

1  Thank Snowman742
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This is our second visit here, our last being about 10 years ago, and surprised that the decor is practically the same, very empty for a Friday night, the carpet were we were sitting was filthy ! Yuck ! Christmas lights obviously still hanging since some Christmas past thick with dust !! Any way the Early bird menu was 19 PP and I had chicken Satay skewers for Starters Topped with 1980's parsley ! and a Rice paper Rose ! It was ok have to say ! Mains I had Chicken Sweet & Sour Cantonese style - ok Flattened Crumbed Chicken breast in a s & S along with tinned pineapples ! - Barely ok !!! My Uncle Bens Sweet & Sour Sauce had more flavour !!! So No will not be back !!!! Go a few miles down the road to Wicklow ! beats this hands down !!! and I am a local !!!

2  Thank Pixiewall
Reviewed 13 November 2013

always great food, piping hot & tasty
service great & friendly waitors
bit on the pricy side as in you have to pay extra for your noodles/rice etc

1  Thank mseaview