My wife and I were walking along Grafton Beach and spotted a swimming pool behind a picket fence lined with palm trees. We walked up the path and discovered the pool and bar area of Plantation Beach Villas. We met Sean , the manager, and he gave a a run down of amenities and price. We were shown one of six identical villas on the hillside overlooking the beach. We took a chance and booked for two nights but ended up staying for the rest of our vacation. Plantations is tropical and serene. The villas are two stories with 2 bedrooms upstairs each with a full bath and terrace. Downstairs is a third bedroom with bath. The living room has tv,stereo and bookshelves. There is a phone and local calling is part of the deal, The lower deck is accessible through enormous french doors that fold back to open up the view to the gardens below and the sea. The kitchen has all neccessary for cooking and plenty of ice for drinking. Each bedroom has A/C.
The best part of the house is the daily maid service. This includes kitchen chores and laundry service. Machines are located inside the villa. For an aditional charge the maid will shop for and prepare meals. The maid for our villa is Nadine. She is very professional, very friendly and an excellent cook.
The pool bar serves no food but provides a first rate barman named Ivan. He is very well versed on all things Tobago and is happy to answer any and all questions.
Plantations is like a home away from home located in a setting that is close to ideal. We will return as often as we can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Tobago's Caribbean coast, the 6 luxurious villas are nestled in a grove of tropical trees, on a gently sloping hillside overlooking the palm-fringed Grafton beach. The emphasis is on elegant comfort amidst the serenity of nature. Each villa is fitted with all the modern amenities. The Resort is ideal for a family holiday or intimate wedding, our 'family' of friendly staff and the ambiance and warmth we provide assures a taste of paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Plantation Beach Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Beach Villas Hotel Black Rock
- Plantation Beach Villas Tobago, Trinidad And Tobago