Visited for a week for some R&R after a hectic Trinidad Carnival. The villa is lovely...very comfortable...had everything we could have wanted. Our house keeper was Betty Ann....delightful lady!... We did have an uninvited guest on a daily visit....a very large tree lizard....not iguana...not regular looking gecko...and not common garden lizard.... This one is a species all on its own!!! I'm terrified of the smallest ones so when I came face to face with this creature upstairs on my way to my room I was petrified! Four other people at the villa were also unable to go upstairs after glimpsing this reptile (baby dinosaur)... We had daily visits from "Larry" the lizard...yes we named him...but my brave brother in law from Uk was able to talk him into leaving through the window each time we saw him/her. Even my lizard fear didn't spoil this lovely vacation spot... Perfect location...the beach is steps away and visible from our patio. The place is well kept and the beach bar, very quaint...lovely piña coladas and rum punch. There is a pool by the bar, beach side, lovely but we never used it as the beach is always our first choice. The sound of the surf even while we had on air conditioners in our rooms at night worked to lull me off to a deep sleep each night.
It was a lovely change from a regular hotel... Will say that if lazing back in your "own home" while hearing the surf and seeing the sea is your idea of paradise...then this is it! We never rushed...we ate at different restaurants each day/night. The kitchen was ideal for a couple of our home cooked meals, and the BBQ pit was ready to use anytime. Again, very well appointed, just like a home, large very large...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Tobago's Caribbean coast, the 6 luxurious villas are nestled in a grove of tropical trees, on a gently sloping hillside overlooking the palm-fringed Grafton beach. The emphasis is on elegant comfort amidst the serenity of nature. Each villa is fitted with all the modern amenities. The Resort is ideal for a family holiday or intimate wedding, our 'family' of friendly staff and the ambiance and warmth we provide assures a taste of paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Beach Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Beach Villas Hotel Black Rock
- Plantation Beach Villas Tobago, Trinidad And Tobago