“Okay Resort in Beautiful Tobago!!!”

Grafton Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Black Rock
Reviewed 9 January 2014

First of Tobago is a beautiful Island. Our stay at this Resort was good. Checking in took some time, but we were grateful to the staff for giving us 5 ocean view rooms, even though we book garden view room. You all ROCK!!!! Waking up to the beautiful sounds and sight of the ocean was magical. The rooms are dated. In my room the fridge didn't work properly and we had issues with our door. Breakfast was okay, but birds kept flying into the seating area. Overall all okay resort with GREAT STAFF!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Trini G

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Arrived New Year's Day for wedding. After a long flight with many problems I was greeted at the hotel with smiles. My room was very nice with a view of the beach. Dinner was good that night and the staff was very friendly. Throughout my stay the staff was very good. Wedding reception was outstanding. Thank you to the staff of both the Le Grand and Grafton Beach resort for their outstanding hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ChefJeff
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Me and my partner stayed here at Grafton for 2 weeks all inclusive from 4th December. Our holiday was superb and was only perfected thanks to the attentiveness and care of the staff. The food at Grafton was delicious especially the lunch a la carte menu and food at the beach bar was just as nice! The rooms were very clean and had all necessities. The view from our balcony was breathtaking! Overall, the stay was amazing value for money and we would definitely come again! Again, we would like to thank the staff!!

• Stayed: December 2013
7  Thank framey26
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed in this underrated Hotel end Nov- December for 14 nights & loved every minute of it :-) Yes the resort is having work done & may still have a bit to go, but I was hugely impressed by the location and can't find any fault with the staff.
From the manager Philip, right through to the gardener they couldn't do enough to help! Sheldon, Damien, Cheryl, Kenwin, Naz, Eva and local guide Ellis ensured this place will stay for ever in my memory of fantastic trips abroad and if I ever go back to Tobago this is definitely top of my list!
As usual I was at my awkward best on holiday but the staff here never faltered and all my moans & groans (over silly things) were dealt with quickly and always with a smile!
It's a shame to see this hotel getting such bad bad reviews sometimes as clearly the only fault with this hotel is the expectations of the guests who give the bad reviews.
Good luck to the hotel & hope one day to return!
Ali x

Room Tip: The rooms are all good, the main block is best for quietness.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Ali_Forry
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My husband and I and two friends stayed at the Grafton Beach Resort in November. It was wonderful. Our rooms were clean, comfortable with lovely views of the beach. The food was excellent with a very varied menu every day. The staff were extremely friendly, helpful and efficient. I would recommend staying here to any one that is looking for a very relaxing, comfortable holiday. Thank you to all at The Grafton Beach Resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank DevonMosie
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Recently got back from our 2 weeks holiday. The hotel rooms were getting renovated which was very much needed. We had a few hiccups when first arrived but was resolved by Sheldon. The beach in front of the hotel was hardly relaxing as the waves would pound the beach, but they did offer to put a couple of sunbeds there for us which was a nice gesture. The best beach for us was Pigeon Point which was 20 minuets in a taxi which costs 200TTs (£20). There was Turtle beach which you could walk to about 25 minuets from the hotel were you could hire sunbeds.

Most of the staff were very friendly especially the staff from the dining room - Damien was exceptional, a new member of the management team also Cheryl and Samantha they all took a great interest in their guests. Must also say our room maid, usually, the unsung hero did her job very well. Many thanks to Ken and his colleague as we watched with much enthusiasm while they put up the Christmas Tree, it was great to see!!

Our weather (Nov13th - 27th) was a bit disappointing very showery. But I must say overall I enjoyed my holiday. A big Thank you to Ellis (Taxi Tour guide) at the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Halkigirl
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I and my son during for weeks were at here. We very happy to be at hotel.,food nice,relarks,gym,clear pool,restorant is good,,Meneger Sheldon is better in the world.Wellcome to here! We are from Russia.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort
1 mi away
Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts
Coco Reef Resort & Spa Tobago

Been to Grafton Beach Resort? Share your experiences!