(06/2012)My now wife and I wanted the perfect beach wedding and wanted to do it in a unique place with the comforts of home . We arrived at the airport and were greeted by a driver who drove us to the Villa at Stone Haven. We were then greeted by the manager and Drinks!! (Very much needed after a long flight from the states). We were shown the hotel bar and lounge area and then escorted by the manager to the house. I'm honestly a very loud and outgoing person with something to say about everything, BUT when he opened the front door for us and then the back terrace doors I was speechless! The office and staff had even packed our refrigerator with food and drink as well as meat and fruit for breakfast. I can’t tell you how much that helped as I hadn't thought about not having food. My now wife and I decided not to get the wedding package offered at the villa because we wanted to me married on the beach but we did get the honeymoon package (more on that later). Our Villa was “Stonehave Villa 7”, and I made a video on YouTube if you want to see it, just search the quoted name above. The villa was amazing and very spacious with lots of amenities and the views…. Ahhh I miss the views!!! We meet our house keeper “Vernet” who was charming and so very friendly. We asked her tons of questions about the area and how to drive around and things we should see. She was very helpful and even though I was uncomfortable with the idea of a “housekeeper” because I’ve never had anyone pickup or clean up after me she made us very comfortable. She even introduced me to a red fruit that was growing in a tree near the pool (I wish I could tell you what it was called but it was great and easy to pick). The staff was friendly and the location was patrolled by a night watchman who walked the grounds every night. I felt very safe and secure at the villa and never once had an issue or any question that the house was secure. We did use the built in safe for extra money and our papers but besides a locked door we always felt comfortable and safe. We took advantage of the restaurant on site and had the meals sent to our villa and I’m glad we did. The food was great and well worth the convenience after a long day of beach and tours we didn't want to cook. When our 10 day trip was over we didn’t want to go and it was truly sad to say good bye to Vernet and all the friendly staff. We did get one more treat when we were leaving and found out we had forgotten about the Honeymoon package and hadn’t done any of the activities. The Office manager happily refunded us the money for the activities we didn’t do. My wife and I had been so embraced and were having such a wonderful time on the island that we both had forgotten about the hotel activities we had purchased. So the villa was amazing, the people were amazing and we got money back when we left!! I will be going back as soon as I possibly can and I hope this helps you make a decision to visit this wonderful island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a hillside with spectacular ocean views on the west coast of Tobago, The Villas at Stonehaven is one of the finest luxury resorts in the Caribbean. The resort is an exquisite collection of elegantly appointed three and four bedroom Villas set in ten acres of beautifully landscaped tropical gardens. Villa amenities include spacious indoor and outdoor living & dining areas; private infinity pool and spectacular ocean views. Your own daily personal housekeeper attends to your needs and will cook delicious meals on request. Villas are immaculately furnished and feature large air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suites, full kitchens, barbeque areas and ample dining and living space. The accommodation makes for the ideal choice for couples seeking a romantic retreat; families requiring a holiday home, or groups of friends wanting their own space and independence.By day, indulge in an in-room spa service, visit the nearby beach or explore the delights of Tobago. Evenings begin with a sun-downer complete with spectacular sunsets, to be enjoyed on your private terrace or mingling with other guests poolside at the Clubhouse bar and pool.The Pavilion Restaurant, open for lunch and dinner serves delicious Caribbean and Continental Cuisine and also offers room service.The unique setting of this luxurious boutique resort also provides an unforgettable venue for weddings, small conferences and other special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Villas at Stonehaven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas At Stonehaven Hotel Black Rock
- The Villas At Stonehaven Tobago, Trinidad And Tobago