The hotel (more accurately, villa in a gated community) provided a wonderfully relaxing and peaceful holiday. In previous years at this time we have stayed at Petit St. Vincent or Malhiouana (Anguilla) and decided this year to explore Tobago. We are glad we did!! As stated in other reviews, the villas (we were in #11) are spacious (3 BR, 3.5 baths, fully outfitted kitchen, living room, and huge verandah with private infinity pool) and are spaced such that the only ambient noise is the sound of the ocean. Our goal was to relax and be lazy and the villa gave the perfect vehicle to achieve what we wanted. We did go to the beach several days (easy 15 minute walk to a clean beach about 1 mile in length) and also to the bird sanctuary adjacent to the property (15 minute walk, though there are lots of birds around the villas). There are restaurants off-property, but the restaurant on-property was excellent so there was no need to exert the energy to locate alternatives. The restaurant is closed Mondays, but with the kitchen facilities it was easy enough to prepare our own meal (the hotel will fill a supermarket order -- including beer or wine -- for you at cost plus 15% or you can stop at a supermarket (which we did the day we took an island tour by taxi)).
For those who like solitude and a quiet spot, this is the perfect sanctuary. It is an ideal place to unwind and to just be. Free Wifi is available throughout the property so you can maintain contact with the outside world if you want. Also, it is worth noting that the cost of the villas is considerably less than properties providing a comparable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a hillside with spectacular ocean views on the west coast of Tobago, The Villas at Stonehaven is one of the finest luxury resorts in the Caribbean. The resort is an exquisite collection of elegantly appointed three and four bedroom Villas set in ten acres of beautifully landscaped tropical gardens. Villa amenities include spacious indoor and outdoor living & dining areas; private infinity pool and spectacular ocean views. Your own daily personal housekeeper attends to your needs and will cook delicious meals on request. Villas are immaculately furnished and feature large air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suites, full kitchens, barbeque areas and ample dining and living space. The accommodation makes for the ideal choice for couples seeking a romantic retreat; families requiring a holiday home, or groups of friends wanting their own space and independence.By day, indulge in an in-room spa service, visit the nearby beach or explore the delights of Tobago. Evenings begin with a sun-downer complete with spectacular sunsets, to be enjoyed on your private terrace or mingling with other guests poolside at the Clubhouse bar and pool.The Pavilion Restaurant, open for lunch and dinner serves delicious Caribbean and Continental Cuisine and also offers room service.The unique setting of this luxurious boutique resort also provides an unforgettable venue for weddings, small conferences and other special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Villas at Stonehaven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas At Stonehaven Hotel Black Rock
- The Villas At Stonehaven Tobago, Trinidad And Tobago