The Villas at Stonehaven
Travelocity
US$120
US$109
Travelocity
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort(Lowlands)(Great Value!)
US$329
US$248
Blue Haven Hotel(Bacolet Bay)
US$144
  • Breakfast included
Acajou Hotel(Grande Riviere)
US$155
Hotwire.com
Mt Plaisir Estate Hotel(Grande Riviere)
US$170
  • Beachfront
All reviewsprivate infinity poolon site restaurantliving roomsteep hillcovered verandapigeon point and store baythe general managerwasher and dryermaid comesown mealspenny saversgrocery shoppingfish potown homefull kitchenminute driveout of season
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2010

My partner and I and two close friends travelled to Tobago to get some sun on our old bones! We were not disappointed. We spent two weeks at Stonehaven Villas and in fact we had an extra day there as our flight was delayed for 24 hours. What better place to be stranded in?
Our first impression on arrival was the very steep hill that wound it's way to the villa. We were in number 9 the very top one. The next impression was the view, wow, wow, wow,It was the best view that I have ever had from any accomadation.
The villa was very spacious and clean. the kitchen was large and reasonably well equiped. There was a welcome pack with enough for one breakfast plus fruit, milk,beers wine,water and coke. Threre was a small amount of tea coffee and sugar but these were not replaced when used.
No cling wrap, foil, oil, salt, seasoning etc.and no sharp knives. Our maid did leave us a steel to use but it was worn out.
The bedrooms were large and comfortable, the bathrooms also large with plenty of hanging space and drawers. The shower (no bath) was a good size but outdated and with a very poor flow. The toiletries were not replaced once used and the towels were very small, not at all luxurious.
The outdoor areas were lovely and very well kept, the pool was small but great. The view from it was one I could never tire of. The only problem was the very hungry insects, we expected them of course but we seemed to have some little biting things on the furniture inside, I did ask for the villa to be fumigated as dispite using loads of sprays we all looked like measles cases. The head of housekeeping turned up with a mosquito spray and said she would get back to us re the fumigation. She didn't - not the response expected from a luxury accommodation.
We had some lovely flower arrangements for the first four days but when they went they were not replaced which was a shame as we missed them.
Our housekeeper was Audrey,she was very helpful and cooked a lovely breakfast for us all.
A lot of the time we cooked in the villa and did our own shopping as we were lucky enough to have a chef in our party. We took a taxi to the supermarket where the driver waited for us and gave us some tips on shopping. The price varied between drivers!
We tried the restaurant on site on our first night, it was OK but not brilliant for what we paid. It certainly needs some T.L.C. and the tables need to be much better dressed, I was under the impression it was to have been an upmarket place but it was not.
The night we tried the restaurant was the only time we tackled the hill, we found it just too steep and too far, but we would not have changed to a lower villa because of the spectacular view. The manager did say we could have a lift up and down if we wanted which we did take him up on twice. A shuttle service or a golf cart would be very useful for elderly and infirm people.
A day trip we had to Trinidad was fantastic we flew over and were met by our guide Noella she was just fantastic, she even took us to her home and cooked us a Trinny meal - wonderful.
Jameson gave us a tour of Tobago and he was very good, part of the tour included lunch at Jemmas this was OK but not good. The Island is so beautiful and very interesting.
There seems like a lot of moans here but we had a great time and I do recommend the villas.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hisandmytravels
Reviewed 24 February 2010

This place is magnificent (I stayed in villa #8). It's extremely clean and modern, has an amazing view, all the comforts of him, beautiful colonial decor, and the pool is excellent... no complaints. I had high expectations, and they were exceeded. I will be back. The only tips I would say are:
-You may want to rent a car or get a taxi's telephone number, because there is a steep hill to get the villas, and depending on how far up the hill your villa is, you may not want to make that walk in the hot sun.
-The nearest beach in Stonehaven Bay (5-7 mins walk). It's gorgeous, and can have some waves (which are actually quite mild). If you want absolutely still water, you can walk 5 minutes further to Mt. Irvine Bay -- there's excellent shore snorkeling there. There's also always Pigeon Point and Store Bay if you want more action at the beach (but the water is very shallow). I recommend you visit all.
-There's free Wifi, not that you should be doing work!
-Do visit the restaurant/bar. The sunset is spectacular.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank keepie
Reviewed 23 February 2010

Upon arrival at the Villa, I knew I had made the right choice. I reviewed many many hotels before choosing this one for myself and partner. The Villa was spotless and the infitnity pool was amazing. The Deck was great and I spent most of my time there lounging. The housekeeper was just great! She made breakfast and offered tips on the best places to visit. I would have given this place five stars, but the service at the restaurant was really very bad. The food took a long time to come and staff at the restaurant was not friendly. However, when we ordered room service, the food, albiet late in coming, was absolutely delicious.

I will be going there again in a few weeks with my mom and family. Great Great expereince!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris G
Stonehav, General Manager at The Villas at Stonehaven, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2010

Good afternoon and thank you for taking the time to write the review and share your comments with us. I would like to apologize that we were unable to provide you with the quality service that one should expect from Stonehaven Villas. Since your vacation date of June 2009, we have changed most of our servers and chefs. We meet weekly to talk service and training, and have implemented a guest comment survey that we use to bench mark performance. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I can get more details on your experience and use the feedback to improve. The phone number is 868-639-0361 or you can email me at stonehav@tstt.net.tt . I am very happy to hear that your Villa meet your expectations, and the service you received from your housekeeper was great. I look forward to your response and also hosting you in the next few weeks.
Duane Kenny

Reviewed 8 February 2010

We have just returned from a wonderful 2 week holiday in Tobago. Stonehaven Villas far exceeded our expectations, particularly having read some of the negative reviews! The villas are beautifully appointed with lovely views of the ocean. They are extremely well equipped and our housekeeper could not have done more for us. She was very willing and carried out her duties cheerfully and with good humour. She made delicious coconut bread for us and a couple of times prepared evening meals for us, so all we had to do was heat them up. We found the whole experience extremely relaxing and would not hesitate to recommend Stonehaven.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2009

I’ve stayed here twice, and I can’t wait to return. You have your own 3 bedroom villa with stunning views, last time we shared with friends and had a fabulous time. Each villa has its own pool and the main pool is also stunning. Our housekeeper even cooked for us, which was great. There is a beach just a short walk away, but it’s best to rent a car and do a tour of the island. The food at the restaurant is pretty good. I just love this place because I can unwind and relax in absolutely gorgeous surroundings. Highly recommended – you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends