“Mr Brenton Bontonaviche rules.”

The Boat House Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Castara
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tel: 483 0964The restaurant is beachside and open every day except Saturday. We do homemade pizza and pelau on Sundays and serve breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday to Friday. We have a live African drums and limbo every Wednesday with dinner. Dinner costs between $100 - $115 for fish, chicken, shrimp, beef, goat, prawns or squid). Lobster is priced according to size.We also have 4 apartments behind and set above the restaurant. They have a fully fitted kitchen, large deck, kingsize bed with canopy, bathroom, sofa bed , table and chairs.Rates are $60US per night per room.
Reviewed 24 February 2014

an Awesome spot if you can find it. Great Food, a fun place, and your with family. It Rocks hard on Limbo night but watch out for the bush rum, it can make you smile uncontrollably.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Excellent cooking with exquisite side dishes...makes me want to experiment a bit more at home. Menu changes daily. Good value. Hope that you soon sort out front-of-house staffing as lack of a member of staff to greet makes the place seem, at first, a little unwelcoming.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

The food was great at this restaurant. We asked if we could have breakfast but were told the due to lack of staff they couldn't accomodate this, the next thing we knew we were being offered scrambled egg & Toast (and it was the best eggs we had in Tobago!) so great service. We had dinner once which was squid and prawns with fried cucumber and noodles. The fish was great although the noodles were a bit like tinned spaghetti! For one of our lunches with had toasted sandwiches which were quite nice. The beer is good and the view is wonderful and I loved all of the lovely dogs. The one draw back is Sharons young staff and their serious attitude! One afternoon we went to have lunch, when we arrived the smell of cannabis was overpowering and we entered to find a guy playing drums sitting with the two young staff. I can only assume Sharon was not there. We looked at the menu (which is on the bar) and from behind us heard a loud 'EH!' When I turned round the young lady stated 'There is no lunch'. That would have been fine with better attitude but I was so surprised I didn't even say anything and walked out. The combination of the cannabis and the attitude of the staff meant we didn't return.

1  Thank katebates
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The Boathouse was a great place we went for dinner a few nights, a beer here and there while relaxing on the beach. It is right on the beach and has a great seating area facing the bay. The food was spectacular and Sharon was so extremely nice and provided a great personal experience to my husband and I. We enjoyed the little chats we had with her over a couple beers after dinner. Wednesday night is their big night where they have African Drums and limbo, we unfortunately missed that while we were there but have heard nothing but great things about it from the other travelers. If you're in Castara on a Wednesday night make sure you plan a dinner at the Boathouse, make your reservation too!!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Nearly on the beach with about 4/5 tables on terrace overlooking it. Food is cheap and cheerful and nice. I had chicken and goat pelau with a bit of salad. They have african drums on Wednesdays and pan music another time I don't know when. Definitely worth having a meal there. Good place to snorkel too - Little Bay.