“definitely the best places to enjoy caribbean...”
other travellers have booked this property
Balcony Living area
'Heavenly Bay'
'Heavenly Bay'
Castara
Full kitchen
The beach at 'Heavenly Bay'
Village veggi stand
Local Restaurant
Calm surf on 'Heavenly Bay'
View from the front door
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Norwegian first
Any
deathclaw
Vienna, Austria
“definitely the best places to enjoy caribbean life in our experience - and so we did”
Reviewed 27 March 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Dear all,

I stayed in Tobago for about a week together with my friends on a recent trip during carnival time.

Not only that I want to admit that the island of Tobago is an awesome and safe place with a caribbean spirit and very kind and "easy going" people where you can relax, snorkle, dive, hike and so on.

Whatsmore I can only highly recommend you the Sea Scape estate on heavenly bay, if you ever plan to do a trip to this country aswell.

I just want to say "thank you" to Mr. Rolling and Mrs. Lavorne, the local manager and caretaker as well as to the owner Mr. Bray
for making our wonderful holiday possible - and in that I may speak for our group as a whole!
Sea Scape is a wonderful place for a vacation, thanks!

When we visited the website of sea scape we got a glimpse of what it can look like - but we couldn't imagine that it looks like that also in real! Just situated above the heavenly beach and just a few minutes walk to the castara village center and a waterfall in the rainforest, you can enjoy caribbean life in a nearly lonely bay as someone can wish for - and so we did.
When we entered Sea Scape the first time, we loved it in an instant - it is fully made of wood and furnished in a modern way. The kitchen is well equipped and there are many little gadgets which make your stay easier (mosquito buzzer and net, flashlights, field glasses for bird watching, mixer and so on). Everything was very clean and the climate inside the building was also very comfortable because of the architecture. The balcony and the sight out of the shower window are overwhelming - due to the fact that the estate is buildt at the top of a small hill on the bay, you can overlook the whole beach with palms, the waves and some fisherman's boats - and you can also sit in the sun in the late afternoon, even when all the other apartments on the bay are covered in shadow. people from other apartments on the same bay told us that they envied us for that fact when they looked up on to 'our' house.
I think Sea Scape has the most impressive panoramic view in an apartment Ive ever seen. We nearly sat every day inside the house or on the balcony while we enjoyed the sunset with a sundowner cocktail. The sun sets in straigt line in front of the rooms there. during our stay we could hear the sounds of the sea at any time, which gave an additional feeling of relaxation.
I didnt give sleep quality full points above due to the mosquitos, which are quite usual on the island. the mosquito net is quite useful and the meshes are that wide so that air can breeze through what is quite comfortable; but unfortunately sometimes you touch the net which is installed centrical above the bed while sleeping and so the little beasts can sting you although you lie in there.

When we had some problems with a misunderstanding concerning our airport transfer by car or with our toilet we got fast and friendly help by Mr. Rolling and Mrs. Lavorne at any time. Usually they came to see us at the sea scape in person just a couple of minutes after we called them for help.

After returning home, I noticed that I accidentialy put a torch/flashlight (which was put into the electrical socket in the main room as a helpful gadget) into my trousers and
carried it all the way back to Austria. This happened when I
welcomed our airport taxi drivers in the earliest morning at
3:30am, to fall not across the stairs outside. I wanted to send it back to them, but the the owner just answered me in a mail: "Don't worry about the flashlight. Please keep it as a reminder of SeaScape. I'm glad it helped you make it safely down to the road so early in the morning. That is why it was there."

To sum up, we were very lucky to have chosen that apartment and it was the definite highlight on our one-month lasting travel through Florida and the caribbean sea. Again, I can only highly recommend you this place for your trip aswell.

Alex

Travelling group: Friends
bellasall...
San Francisco
“Wonderful place to stay in Tobago”
Reviewed 12 February 2011 for a stay in January 2011

Seascape is a perfect place to stay close to the beach in Castara. It is spacious, modern and clean with fantastic views of the Caribbean Sea. The accommodation is well equipped to allow maximum comfort to enjoy your vacation.
Just a word of caution, Seascape is built on a hill. It requires some effort to reach it from the street level. It is probably not suitable for people with mobility problems.

Travelling group: Friends
Mark R
Williamstown, Massachusetts
“Hard to Beat”
Reviewed 17 January 2011 for a stay in December 2010

Our party of 6, we spent a week in both units at Sea Scape. We had a great time. SeaScape is pretty close to perfect. Castara is spectacularly beautiful, and the village has a great scene, too. Of the spots in the area, nothing beats SeaScape's location perched above Heavenly Bay. The units are not huge, but they are roomy enough for the group-sizes advertised, and they are comfortable, light, airy, and aesthetically pleasing. Having driven all over the north half of the island we couldn't think of anywhere on Tobago we'd rather stay. if it's in your budget, I can't recommend it enough.

Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
focaheela
Baltimore
“Heaven!”
Reviewed 17 January 2011 for a stay in January 2011

This is our second time staying here and we loved it! We have stayed in both sides of this place and the views are incredible. If you love just relaxing you will love it here.

bdhowley
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“absolutely stunning...”
Reviewed 14 January 2011 for a stay in January 2011

we have such a wonderful time at seascape in castara. we had the chance to rent a car AND take a boat ride around the island so we got to be very familiar with many of tobago's beaches and we honestly didn't find a more tranquil setting. the house has everything you could possibly want in a vacation home, including two wonderful, local caretakers who will help you out with any of your needs. it was hard to leave the house because the view was just so spectacular but once we did we found castara had a handful of wonderful restaurants and great swimming. it's everything a vacation should be!

sdogMa
MA,USA
“I'd say it was the best spot in Tobago for rest and beauty”
Reviewed 28 December 2010 for a stay in November 2010

Let me first say Seascape is an exceptional place, could be the nicest spot on the island. Every moment my wife and I were there we felt so peaceful, so at home, and so lucky. I'd picked your lodging on a quick internet search, I liked the photos, the all wood interior, and it was all true once we finally saw it.

One of its best aspects, after a morning of activities. or after some adventure, was its private, safe locale, perched above the beach like that. The concrete stairs and walkways let you know you were going away from the fray and back into your private little palace. I guess what was so great about that privacy or even secrecy of its perch was that you weren't isolated because it opened up to the surf to the birds to the greenery. Seascape is a part of the landscape and when you sat down either on the balcony or just inside you entered the landscape of Castara. That was its own entertainment to watch the rain falling on the bay, to hear the unending surf.

Your manager and his wife and the driver dude, they were all exceptional people, nothing like hearing Bob Marley being driven from the airport to Castara. I think what I really liked about your hired folks is that they weren't around much, just when necessary, and I felt that Wave Song was truly my private space, no construction work or anything going on.

The layout of your lodging was perfect, open, yet it could close up as the weather changed, the fans were vital at times, the louver doors were the best. I cooked a fair amount, as your kitchen was well stocked, and Bingy the Fruit King was a godsend just up the hill.
So to end your lodging is primo, high up on my list of my best choices, and I've picked some true winners around the world over the years. A week wasn't enough, and I don't say things like that, being an American who never gets enough time off. and subsequently chops up his visits. Ten day , two weeks , come to think of it didn't I see retirees there?

Frogiddy
Oxfordshire
“Spectacular Views”
Reviewed 28 December 2010 for a stay in November 2010

Castara is a wonderfully unspoilt fishing village with two glorious beaches and SeaScape has an unparalleled location perching just above the smaller of the two. The wooden construction with shutters at the windows makes this apartment comfortably cool and airy on hot days. The decor is sophisticated and restrained and the apartment is cleaned regularly with fresh sheets and towels provided making it reminscient of a boutique hotel. This was our second stay at the one-bedroom apartment, "Wave Song". Our first visit was just for a few days in January 2009 and this visit was for longer because we loved it so much the first time. Being during the rainy season, we did experience some heavy rainstorms but even then we had a wonderful vantage point from which to watch the fishing boats or the waving crashing onto the beach or we could simply curl up with a good book! This apartment is a wonderful hideaway.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing