Woodfield Inn
US$128
Travelocity
US$79
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Stayed here for one night ( a Thursday) as my partner was working in the area. I'm not a B&B person, I always tend to go for hotels as a feel like they're more private and a higher standard- but since staying in wood field B&B my opinion has changed! I was greeted by carol, the very friendly owner who showed me to our room, it was spotless, warm and better than the majority of hotel rooms I have stayed in ( I like my 4 star hotels!). It was really cosy, shower was fab and it was very private. We drove a short distance to Sligo town for dinner. My partner was up the next morning at 630 to go to work and carol very kindly offered to make him breakfast even though breakfast didn't start til 730. I had mine at nine in the lovely warm breakfast room. Large selection on breakfast menu and cooked fresh. Carol was very accommodating and efficient. She really pays attention to the needs of her guests. I will definitely stay here again, I've found a little gem in Sligo!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 2 August 2011

After travelling all day from Ballymoney on our motorbikes (a horrible wet day), we called it a day when we came across Beltra and Woodfield Inn. Well... from the moment we knocked on the door and Carol said she had a room for the night, we knew we had found a little oasis of a place. We looked like drowned rats and I am surprised Carol took us in. The Inn has been tastefully decorated and furnished to a very high standard. Nothing seemed too much trouble for Carol, she made us some sandwiches, hot soup and a lovely pot of tea and even allowed to put some of our wet things into the airing cupboard. Our room was very spacious and the wet room had the most wonderful shower, after the day we'd had I could have stayed under it all night. We had a few drinks in the cosy bar, chatting to some of the locals. In the morning we had a wonderful breakfast, of local produce and great coffee. the dining room was lovely and all the best bone china was used. The price for the room was very reasonable. We packed our bikes up again and set off again in the rain. But for the time we spent at Woodfield it was a wonderful experience and Carol is a lovely host. We were made to feel most welcome. Nowhere else on the holiday compared.....

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple