“Great place, amazing food”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Serravalle Pistoiese
Agriturismo Terra Mia
“Great place, amazing food”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Everytime I make pasta in my tiny New York kitchen I have to think about my amazing and completely unplanned one-on-one pasta-making class (yes, the real thing, pasta from scratch) at Terra Mia. It was so much fun to stay there and the family was very, very welcoming.
I cannot overemphasize the deliciousness of the food. Everything was home made and most of it was even home grown.
Thank you for a great time Terra Mia!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 18 November 2011

All four in our party enjoyed our stay with Monica and her family in wonderful Tuscany, Italy The food and wine is excellent. The food is all home cooked with lots of love added to make it taste so extra special. :) We will all return and stay here again on our next trip to Tuscany as our stay was the highlight of our Italian trip and we visited Rome, Florence and Venice and did not have the service and wonderful foods that we had at Terra Mia. The peace and quiet with such a beautiful view is what everyone should have on vacation. I am thankful that I picked Terra Mia. Thank you!

Room Tip: Have all your dinners here as you will not find a restaurant in the area better so do not even waste...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 October 2011

we were hoping for a B&B that was real with real people and we found it! The drive up to the house is a real treat to start with. You wonder if the climb will end and it does right up at the top of the huge hill/mountain and you overlook a wide panorama of countryside spotted with olive and grape orchards and pretty tiled roofs. Our room was just as the website showed and very clean and homey. Monica and her mom are delightful. We had so much fun trying to exchange conversation with her mom who speaks VERY llittle English, but tries so hard. Monica knows everything about the area she lives in and is happy to share with you to make your time there enjoyable. We hiked around the area, drove to Montecatini, Vinci, Lucca and just had a relaxing time. The house is central to see so much. I must mention the wonderful food we had there at Terra Mia. All made from scratch and with pride. We had dinner there 2 nights and they were WONDERFUL. We are spoiled forever after having the gnocci, and ravolis. We also purchased her zucchini flower soup and meat sauce to take with us on our next stop in France. I am writing this because the reviews of others helped me so much in planning our 3 week trip and I hope that this review helps others as well. Terra Mia was a sheer delight. We were invited to have dinner with the familly on our last night there and we laughed and shared experiences about Italy and the States and our funny customs over glasses of Terra Mia wine as the soft breezes came through the open windows of our dining room. We \will never forget, thank you Monica and family for a taste of real Italy

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gulfstream_11
Pistoia, Italy
Reviewed 28 May 2011

Very nice people, great food and a wine you can't forget in the life.

Room Tip: Simply ask for it
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank yewek
new york
Reviewed 16 July 2010

My family and I stayed in Terra Mia this June. After a month of travel, this was the place we remember most fondly. Not only is this a peaceful and picturesque bed and breakfast, but the owner Monica made us feel like a part of her family for a few days. We have never felt so well taken care of in our lives. The food is incredible. Monica's mother makes the best meat sauce in the world. Breakfast is included and is superb, but the dinners are to die for. We feel like we made new friends and it was really hard to leave. We think about going back often since we have returned to the U.S. They have a website and e-mail is a good way to communicate with Monica.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank greenmamba
Norton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 May 2010

We stayed here in April, 2010, and it was our favorite part of our trip to Tuscany. We were greeted by Monica on a lovely spring day, and she made us feel at home immediately, giving us maps of nearby attractions to see and places to visit. I was apprehensive at first that Terra Mia would be too remote, but it is easily accessible to Florence, Lucca, etc. We visited Cinque Terre one day during our stay and it was an easy drive to the sea from Terra Mia. The views from Terra Mia are unbelievable!
The best part about Terra Mia is the people. Monica, her husband and her mother are lovely people who made us feel so at home. I feel like I truly got to know Italy and the wonderful people there because I felt so at home at Terra Mia. We ate our dinners all three nights at Terra Mia and I have to say they were the best dinners we have ever had! I had to "pace myself" as Monica kept bringing us wonderful dishes, all accompanied by Terra Mia's delicious organic wine. I love Terra Mia and my new friend, Monica! She was so kind to get up at 4 AM and see us off as we had early flight back to Boston from Florence. I will never forget her delicious food but most of all her kindness and beautiful spirit!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Philo-of-Outdoors
Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2009

We have returned recently from an awesome trip to Europe for three weeks, with the highlight of our first time experience being in Italy specifically, when staying at Agriturismo Terra Mia. Our whole experience began when we arrived from Venice on the train and were picked up by Monica. The first time we saw her it was like we had known her for a lifetime. We had just spent several days in large cities and wanted to stay somewhere quiet and get to really know the Italian people and their culture, not for what one can "buy" when in Italy! She greeted us with open arms litterly and found out later from her, it was actually the first time she had been asked to come and get people from the station, as most rented a car and went wandering around the area, and came back to Terra Mia to have dinner sometimes and sleep. One could certainly do this but we actually perferred to stay out at her farmhouse for the three days we booked and just take in the sites and sounds of fresh mountain air, we certainly weren't disappointed!!! We were introduced to Monica's husband Andreas, whom spoke very little English but still made us feel welcome. When we walked into the house, I thought to myself, boy this is absolutely beautiful living area hoping our room would be just as nice - IT WAS OUR ROOM but I figured because of the size it was part of the entire living area for everyone to share!! My sister had arranged with Monica that we would have lunch there on our arrival and boy we were sure glad we waited. The food was so incrediable that we asked if we could stay here for all the meals. Monica was more then happy to comply, and between herself and her wonderful Mom, made every meal an enjoyable, down-to-earth experience. They tried to make food from every region so we would be able to sample all the tastes that Italy has to offer. This is something one would never experience in the big cities, she made us feel like one of the family. The whole family not only opened up their home to us but opened up their hearts as well. If you are wanting lots of action around here, you will be very disappointed. If you however want to get back to nature and leave the cares of the world behind you, definitely stay at Terra Mia..

2 Thank CanadaSnowdiver
#1 of 1 in Cantagrillo
Agriturismo Poggio de Papi
Agriturismo Poggio de Papi
#1 of 2 in Casalguidi

Been to Agriturismo Terra Mia? Share your experiences!