“The standard others should aim for.”

Hanneman Holiday Residence
Ranked #1 of 7 Beau Vallon B&B and Inns
London
“The standard others should aim for.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2010

Was on holiday in Seychelles recently. Friend of mine,local girl, suggested we spend some chill out time at a guest house, and she recommended Hanneman's.Upon my return to the UK I sent Hanneman's an email to express my total satisfaction with our stay. I would like to share that review here.

"I knew it was going to be good, but I was still very very pleasantly surprised on being shown to our room. I don't know if its the very clever design or feng shui or some wonderful magic but I had a very warm welcoming feeling upon entering the room. I certainly felt like I was in my comfort zone. This is a big deal for me, because I am very susceptible to my environment.

Its clear that a lot of thought went into the design of the room. I have been in hotels and guest houses in England where its obvious that they've simply provided a few square metres for their guest. But at Hanneman's those square metres, which is a lot more than a few by the way!, have been carefully designed to be as user friendly as posssible.

I liked the way one area flows smoothly into another. The kitchen, the bathroom, the bedroom. And all incredibly spacious! Being of a shy disposition I actually changed in the closet, much to the amusement of my companion Mandy. It may not have been designed for that purpose but it was certainly spacious enough for it!

Everything one could possibly need was provided for.Including a nice little area on the balcony to enjoy a Chinese take away!!! And all this has been done without anything getting in the way or cluttering the place up. I cannot even begin to tell you how impressed I am with this kind of attention to detail. Because to me that says one thing,"You are thinking of your guests!"

Forgive me for going on so much about design. But as an artist I tend to notice such things. And as a very fussy often highly demanding person another thing I notice a lot is service. And the service we received at Hanneman's was impeccable. Far superior to the service or lack of that I've expected but not received in big names English hotels.

All this for very reasonable costs.I've certainly paid a lot more for a lot less in the UK.And the location,quiet,easily accessible, secure, and only a few minutes casual stroll from Seychelles most popular beach rounds off a most excellent package."

I am notoriously difficult to impress. But I'm impressed. VERY impressed! As reflected by the very excellent ratings!

• Stayed January 2010
1 Thank saboug

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Finnish first
AVANI Seychelles Barbarons Resort & Spa
Savoy Resort & Spa
Savoy Resort & Spa
#2 of 7 in Beau Vallon

Been to Hanneman Holiday Residence? Share your experiences!