“The Perfect Getaway”

Hanneman Holiday Residence
Ranked #1 of 6 Beau Vallon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Stumbled upon the Hanneman resort through a friend's recommendation. The place looked nice online, but I was just blown away when I saw it in person. Super clean, modern, European-style apartments with gorgeous decor and all the amenities you could possibly need. The location worked out perfect, as it is a short walk to the beach and plenty of restaurants. However, it is just far enough from the loud casino hotels that you can enjoy the peace and quiet of the island. The pool is fantastic too for lounging around with a cold drink (or two). This is the ideal place for a romantic getaway.

The staff is fabulous. I can't say enough about Hubert and his crew. We were personally welcomed when we arrived and they were extremely accommodating to our needs.

One side note: If you stay here, you absolutely must go to the local "creole" restaurant at the end of the road. I'm sure Hubert will let you know about it, but it was the best food we had on the island.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 September 2010

It was like visiting friends. Manfred and his team made my stay as pleasurable as it could be.
And the studio where I stayed was gorgeous. Stylish furnished with a lovely terrace - where I spend wonderful moments viewing the sunset, reading or enjoying my breakfast there.
Although I have only booked accomodation only - the friendly stuff surprised me with special treats for breakfast. Pancakes in different flavours (citronelle, coffee, ...) or fruit from the garden.
I learned a lot about plants and spices and how to use them for cooking.
Normally I don't like swimming in pools, but at Hanneman's it was different, because the quality of the water was exellent and the atmosphere unique.
They took me by surprise having organized a birthday party with cake and sparkling wine.
As I didn't bring my notebook Manfred offered me to check the emails at his computer in order to stay in contact with my family - thank you so much!
Beau Vallon offers everything you need - small supermarkets, art shops, diving center, watersports, fruit stalls, fresh fish can be bought from fishermen and the beach is perfect for swimming and children.
I had an incredible time at Hanneman's. Paradise couldn't be better!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2010

I've been to Seychelles in February 2010 with my wife and 1 year old boy without booking any hotel around. We were supposed to stay in a friend's home but it did not work due to the location and situation of house. As we started to look for an accommodation, we've seen Hanneman and fell in love in a couple of minutes. The facilities were excellent, everything was designed for the guests' comfort and the staff were very sincere. It's very fortunate that we found a place by the help of our luck!
We stayed there 7 days and were exteremely satisfied. We had everything in the apartment as it was designed to replace your home during your vacation! Full kitchen, satellite TV, internet connection, a dining room, washing/drying machine and so on... This was our first holiday from which we returned home with full "clean clothes" as if you've never left home but you still have the charm of the vacation in your mind.
The staff were so sincere that they helped us even after we returned home. They even shipped my wife's spectacles which we mistakenly left in a restaurant in Praslin Island. This even itself showed us what a spectacular effort is given to the customers in Hannemann.
I'll definitely visit Hanneman again in future...

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2010

Hanneman Holiday Residence is situated on a slope some meters above the main road.
It's about 400m to the beautiful beach of Beau Vallon. The Residence has been open since December 2009 and consists of 6 very splendid self-catering appartements. It's no surprise that the guesthouse is so new, because the spacious appartements, the well kept garden and the relaxing pool area are without any flaw.
Owner Manfred und General Manager Hubert are Germans, who live a long time on the Seychelles. They take a very friendly and comprehensive care of all their guests.

The Residence is because of its distinguished furnishings and the excellent and multi-lingual service of its staff a true recommendation for holiday guests of all countries.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2010

I really liked the place. As soon as I arrived I felt the warm welcome; Owner, manager, staff and security are all friendly and helpful. The apartment is very clean and you have all you need to ensure a relaxing, comfortable and enjoyable stay. The pool is definitely very nice to have at night. To me the location was very convenient; just three minutes walk to Beau Vallon beach and all the fun and far enough when quiet, peace and privacy were required. What I liked and appreciated the most is one late night we couldn't get hold of our driver and the security guard immediately called the Hotel Manager who didn't hesitate a second to offer my family a ride to a restaurant nearby for dinner. He also gave us his personal mobile number just in case we couldn't arrange for a return taxi !!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2010

„Hanneman Holiday Residence“ is located close to Beau Vallon, Mahe’s most famous beach. The residence is new and open since Dec 2009. It offers different apartments of a very high standard that by far exceeds what the usual Self Caterings on Seychelles offer. Having been a frequent visitor of the islands and knowing a number of them from personal experience I am able to compare. While the average per night rate around Beau Vallon is around € 100 “Hanneman” is a bit costlier (please check current rates), but offers substantially more.

We had a 140 sqm, two floor Apartment boasting a 5 star interior and equipment: Built-in kitchen with high-quality appliances: electric stove, fridge with freezer, dish-washer (!) all from German quality brand Miele, water cooker, microwave etc and any tools, dishes, glasses, pots and pans one might need. The kitchen is open to the dining and living area that boasts a huge Sony flatscreen, cable TV and an internet router. The main balcony (app 20 sqm) is fully equipped with another dining table, easy chairs, sofa & sunbed of high quality. Upstairs there were two bedrooms (one with a kingsize double bed and the other with two single beds) each with spacious and luxurious bathrooms and small balconies. Smart are the balcony doors of the bedrooms protecting from insects: No moscitos but fresh air. Ceiling fans AND aircon are available throughout the entire apartment. A small room providing a washer/dryer appliance and an additional guest toilet round it up. The whole furnishing, finishing and design is tasteful and hamonizes together: Modern but suiting Seychelles perfectly. Here also the management (from Germany/Netherlands) really gave it an effort.

The whole complex is safe and secured by a night guard. Guests receive a beeper for the automatic gate and have a roofed parking spot in front of their apartment. Also there is a nicely desigend pool area (pool app 5x10m) with bedchairs, bar, barbecue, showers and toilet. Beau Vallon beach and the possibility for shopping groceries are within some 5min walking distance.

“Hanneman” is definitely a place I can recommend. Seychelles are a holiday destination at which as much time as possible should be spent outdoors exploring the unique environment. But “Hanneman” apartments are for sure a temptation to just relax and enjoy. Really superb!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Was on holiday in Seychelles recently. Friend of mine,local girl, suggested we spend some chill out time at a guest house, and she recommended Hanneman's.Upon my return to the UK I sent Hanneman's an email to express my total satisfaction with our stay. I would like to share that review here.

"I knew it was going to be good, but I was still very very pleasantly surprised on being shown to our room. I don't know if its the very clever design or feng shui or some wonderful magic but I had a very warm welcoming feeling upon entering the room. I certainly felt like I was in my comfort zone. This is a big deal for me, because I am very susceptible to my environment.

Its clear that a lot of thought went into the design of the room. I have been in hotels and guest houses in England where its obvious that they've simply provided a few square metres for their guest. But at Hanneman's those square metres, which is a lot more than a few by the way!, have been carefully designed to be as user friendly as posssible.

I liked the way one area flows smoothly into another. The kitchen, the bathroom, the bedroom. And all incredibly spacious! Being of a shy disposition I actually changed in the closet, much to the amusement of my companion Mandy. It may not have been designed for that purpose but it was certainly spacious enough for it!

Everything one could possibly need was provided for.Including a nice little area on the balcony to enjoy a Chinese take away!!! And all this has been done without anything getting in the way or cluttering the place up. I cannot even begin to tell you how impressed I am with this kind of attention to detail. Because to me that says one thing,"You are thinking of your guests!"

Forgive me for going on so much about design. But as an artist I tend to notice such things. And as a very fussy often highly demanding person another thing I notice a lot is service. And the service we received at Hanneman's was impeccable. Far superior to the service or lack of that I've expected but not received in big names English hotels.

All this for very reasonable costs.I've certainly paid a lot more for a lot less in the UK.And the location,quiet,easily accessible, secure, and only a few minutes casual stroll from Seychelles most popular beach rounds off a most excellent package."

I am notoriously difficult to impress. But I'm impressed. VERY impressed! As reflected by the very excellent ratings!

• Stayed: January 2010
Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino - Seychelles
DoubleTree by Hilton Seychelles Allamanda Resort & Spa
The H Resort Beau Vallon Beach
Kempinski Seychelles Resort

Been to Hanneman Holiday Residence? Share your experiences!