“First dive with BBQ lunch”
Review of Big Blue Divers

Big Blue Divers
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Young master diver but very helpful. Not a 5 star operation but no significant shortcomings overall. Boat not crowded.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Terrible experience with these guys. Dive master abandoned our group on the ocean floor, waited 20 mins at 15m and he didn't return. Upon getting back to the boat, no explanation or apology. Very disorganised, didn't even know how many divers he was taking out. Met some first-time divers who had a similar experience with another of their dive masters. have dived at many places around the world, Big blue divers was the worst I have experienced by far, advise people to stay away from them as they are not fit to operate a dive shop.

4  Thank Neal S
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Had a wonderful week of diving with Liz and her staff at BBB on Mahe! We had nothing but the most wonderful of experiences with them and would highly recommend using them for your dive vacation in the Seychelles! A fantastic value for the price, and service is amazing. Our thanks to Liz, Chris, Sean, Patrick, Danielle, and Sage for 6 great days of diving!

1  Thank Fuzzy27
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We were in the Seychelles for a wedding and as such couldn't get as much diving done as we wanted to. However, the diving that we did do with BBD was great.

The team were great, friendly and helpful and tried to help us out with hotel pickups etc. All our gear was loaded and prepared for us. All we had to do was turn up, get on a boat, kit up and dive.

I would recommend BBD to anyone visiting seychelles with the intention of diving. They are a little further up the road from other dive shops, but from what I saw this makes for nice, small dive groups. Next time I am back in the Seychelles, I will be going straight to Big Blue Divers!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We were so disappointed with our dives here at Big Blue Divers, both off the boat and on the boat. We booked a morning, two tank dive ahead of time with Elizabeth, who was courteous and prompt in our correspondence. Because we were from the States, she made us wire her the payment for the dive which cost us an extra $30. However, when we get there, her staff scheduled us with another couple who had already booked a dive to the Marine Park that cost an extra15 euro per person. I don't mind supporting the preservation of any natural park, what I do mind is that the shop offered no other option other than having us pay extra money even though it was their error. In addition to the error, we waited 45 minutes beyond our scheduled leave time because the dive master, Guily (sp?)who I realized is the owner and Elizabeth's husband, was over 45 minutes late to our dive. With no apologies for his tardiness, we left for the boat. We get to the Marine Park to have him tell us nothing about what we are going to see and sends in this very sweet, but inexperienced diver to lead us thorough the park. The dive was fine, but what really angered me was as we surfaced, Guily was smoking and as he came to help us into the boat, he threw his cigarette into the water!! It's a protected space! One that cost me an extra 15 euro to get into and he's going to litter in such a blatant and disgusting way. I was so appalled. It was incredibly unprofessional and a slap in the face to the beautiful sealife of the Seychelles. After that, I just wanted to go home. I wish I had read more reviews before booking with Big Blue. I feel like I wasted a lot of money though it does seem that if you are lucky to get Elizabeth, your experience is much different.

5  Thank Laura M