After reading some of the previous comments about the Berjaya, I was hesitant about staying at this hotel. Quite frankly the comments do reflect the overall hotel experience.
The hotel is rundown and in need of a makeover to bring it in to the modern day. I was lucky to stay in one of the garden chalets and not stuck in the main block which was truly horrendous. Flaking paint, no balconies, views of the car-park and very narrow passageways, including an extremely dangerous spiral staircase.
However, the chalets, larger than the main block, are far from adequate. The furniture requires an update, as the wardrobes were broken, the mini fridge was old and on its last legs and the two armchairs showing much wear and tear. The bathroom was truly disgusting. Broken shower head which sprayed water everywhere except the bath, missing fittings and mould on most of the tiles and drying cord. House keeping do not seem to be able to keep on top of this, either due to lack of cleaning supplies or enthusiasm. Towels were changed infrequently and in the times they were, a full set was never available. On one occasion, I had to call house keeping four times, even then after 24 hours no extra towels arrived.
The main hotel areas are not much better, showing signs of aged wear and tear. The sun loungers for the beach are a throwback to the seventies keeping you in a permanent reclined position, however, the ones around the pool area, despite being covered in old dried in sun cream are comfortable along with modern sun umbrellas.
The service is appalling. The staff are rude and table service is very slow, even when there are four full tables and five staff members.
Food is not great at the hotel. Breakfast is buffet style served in the main Parrot restaurant and on every occasion a full menu was never available. In addition, staff were un-attentive and impolite.
Two other restaurants exist which serve a selection of Chinese or pizza style cuisine, neither of which are that great and expensive.
Room service is available and on the occasion I used it the food was delivered promptly but beware, tea and coffee in the room is not free even though its conveniently supplied next to the kettle.
Overall, this hotel may boast the best beaches compared to the Meridian or Hilton but I would not recommend this to anyone in light of the service and accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush greeneries and crystal clear waters, wellness and serenity await at this resort. Situated on the northwest coast of Mahe Island, the largest island in Seychelles, discover the fulfillment of a vacation filled with excitement and enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino - Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort And Casino - Seychelles
- Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino - Seychelles Hotel Victoria
- Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino - Seychelles Mahe Island