Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino - Seychelles
US$580
US$388
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$521/night.

US$237
US$197
Savoy Resort & Spa(Beau Vallon)
US$418
US$309
Agoda.com
Sun Resort(Mahe Island)
US$200
  • Pool
Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove(Bel Ombre)
US$519
US$387
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$518/night.

Ocean View Guest House(Bel Ombre)(Great Value!)
US$125
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
2,176 results
All reviewsprem singhsecurity supervisorchinese restaurantindian chefsuperior roomtikaspecial thankswater sportshouse keepinggreat hospitalitymahe islandbeau vallon baybeautiful beachfront officeamazing locationbeach sideearly check
Reviewed 19 June 2011

The Berjaya Beau Vallon Hotel arranged our wedding and they did a fantastic job! They took care of all the small details beautifully!

Accomodation: our travel agent suggested that we book a superior room in the garden - wonderful idea. The rooms weas great event hough the bathroom could have done with some sprucing up. Overall, the hotel's setting is really fantastic and on the famous Beau Vallon Beach. It is also close to bus routes and restaurants (if you do not feel like eating at the hotel - just mond the crabs on the beach after dark!).

Wedding details: They really did a fantastic job. I did not have to worry about any detail. The ceremony took place in the garden in a beautifully decorated lapa. It looked so pretty with all the flowers even the birds attended! They also took care of the music, flowers, cake etc - no problem. We opted to arrange a beach barbeque as celebration dinner which was fantastic! The variety and taste was superb - excellent value for money. The main chef prepared the meal on the beach and it was great!

This is not a %star hoel but all in all, great value for money!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SA-Safari
GM-Ken, General Manager at Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino - Seychelles, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2011

Glad you like the wedding arrangements. Our Chef is happy to hear you love the bbq as well. It is true that we are loated well on Mahe which means our guest have easy excess around.

Reviewed 19 June 2011

After reading the reviews here, I was having serioua doubts about staying at the Berjaya Beau Vallon but it turned out better than expected.

I was staying in one of the superior "chalet" style rooms and although not luxurious, was quite pleasant. The location of this hotel is superb - right on Beau Vallon beach. The pool area and outdoor bar/restaurant beside the pizzeria has great beach views. The beach itself is beautiful and although busy by Seychelles standards still quiet compared to European. The town itself has shops. banks and the usual facilities. there are also bus stops right beside the hotel entrance as well as some other restaurants within walking distance or a short taxi ride.

Breakfast buffet in the Black Parrot restaurant was ok but nothing spectacular. Fresh fruit (not a huge selection), reasonable selection of bread and pastries, cereals and a limited offering of hot food. best option for hot was to get a fresh made omelette.A member of staff always arrived promptly to take your tea/coffee order which they delivered promptly.

At the casual beach open air restaurant and bar area. the food was fine with a good selection. It is really the outside area of the Pizzerai and I also ate there one night and it was a pleasant experience. I don't liek buffets so did not try the eveinng buffet in the Parrot nor did I get around to trying the Chinese restaurant.

The hotel supplies loungers to take on to the beach but they don't have enough of them to go around. I you go in the morning, you get one but if you leave it to the afternoon they are either all aready in use on the beach or in the quite nice landscaped garden area. part of the proble is the usual one of guests "booking" them for the day with towels but not actually using them all day. fLikewise although pthere are plenty pool loungers, they are made of wood and need a mattress to go on top if you want to be comfortable and there didn't appear to be enough of them.

A lot has been said here about the poor service and staff attitude. I found it to be not as bad as I'd been fearing. At check in (I arrived far too early at just after 9am) and was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by the offer of a chilled towel and a fresh fruit juice both of which were very appreciated. Check in only took about 5 minutes and I was told my room wasn't ready as I'd expected but would be about an hour (much quicker than I'd expected). They took my luggage in to the store facility and I settled down with my book and juice for a little while and then decided to explore the pool area and grounds. Probably only half an hour had passed before one of the reception staff came to tell me my room was ready. I returnrd to reception to collect my key and a member of staff got my luggage and showed me to my chalet which was in a great position closest to the pool and beach and hotel facilities. (There are 4 in each building - 2 up and 2 down). Each chalet has a small verandah with a couple of wooden chairs and a table. Mine got the best of the sun in the morning. It was still nice to sit out in the evening for a while and enjoy the nightly bird chorsu just before the sunset.

Once we arrived at the chalet, the member of staff stayed to show me where everything was and how it was operated, including the safe (which was not as straight forward as the usual hotel ones, so i valued the demo!).

The room was reasonably sized with a king sized bed. All the other furniture was wooden as were the floors. It had a reasonable sized wardrobe, with iron and ironing board in it and robes but no slippers. TV had limited choice of stations but certainly adequate. Air conditioning worked well and there was a small fridge. It is not stocked with anything - you call room service and they put in it what you want. (There are also a few small supermarkets about 5 minutes from the hotel entrance where you can get snacks and drinks). TV & Coffee making facilities were also provided.

The bathroom was clean and quite large with a full length tub with shower overhead. Water pressure was good as was the temperature although it was difficult to angle the shower head where ou wanted it and it could not be set at a lower height. The sink was set in a long vanity unit which had plenty space to sore all my tolitries. They provided a "real" hairdryer in the drawer as well as one of those ghastly wall mounted hose things!Reasonable supply of toiletries too although I didn't use any except a small bar of soap. (Shampoo, conditioner, razor, toothbrush, shower cap etc etc).

Other facilities which the hotel had but I didn't use where a gift shop, casino, children's play area, gym and PADI dive centre (which seemed very poular).

Service is not rapid but then it isn't anywhere in the Seychelles and to be honest it fits in. It really is the place to chill out, take it easy and the slower relaxed style of service compliments it. Staff were all pleasant, some friendlier than others but certainly helpful. The night security staff were great. They are employed to patrol the grounds and stop folk wandering in to the resort from the 3 beach entrances. I was staying in the resort on my own. I also have a visual impairment which doesn't hamper me too much by day but can be a real hazard at night as I have night blindness. Unfortunately for me, the outdoor lighting is not as bright as street lightening in Europe, so I struggled slightly navigating my way back and forth to the reception air to get a taxi somewhere or to the restaurants. Always one of the guards would turn up within seconds, and escort me to where I needed to go. When I was returning to my chalet, they always made sure that I got safely inside before leaving. Quite a nice touch really.

Overall my stay here was relaxed and enjoyable and although not the height of luxury, fine for what I paid. My next stay was to be at the Berjaya Praslin and i was feeling much more positive about that - it however lived down to its poor reputation!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank AmoMondo

Beau Vallon has the most incredible stretch of beach right on our Resort door step. Could not agree with you more. The bus stop is located right in front of the Resort which is convenient for our guest to get around Mahe. The hotel does not allow guest to book sun lounges. It is on a first come first serve basis. We have ample sun lounges to go around. I am glad you like the Service of our local staff. We also ensure our guest security around the premises is kept in tact. Hope to see you back in the Seychelles.

Reviewed 18 June 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights.Superior room again.very nice room ,but the bathroom although very big was a bit oldish .
We got to the hotel by taxi from the Mahe jetty.Bargained for 150 SR/rupee/
Breakfast was good for dinner we went to the Boathouse-very delicous buffet food and the prices are decent.You could walk on the beach to the restaurant which the reception staff told us was dangerous,but we did it anyway since it looked OK for us,or you coud go by taxi for 50 SR which we did as well on the way there.
The pool is quite good and the beach is one of the best i saw on teh Seychelles.
Diving- i did one dive with the Dive center at the hotel and one with another dive center ,but i recommend the one at the hotel for 2 reasons. It is just at the hotel and it is cheaper around 50 eur incl the equipment.
The staff is very nice.I had a birthday and we got a nice cake which at the end was a present from the hotel.
Of you want to explre the island you can get a txi from the hotel which as you know is always more expensive than normal so i would recommend bargaining the fare yourself with a taxi driver. We travelled by taxi but for the fun we went to Constance hotel by bus which was very interesting since you get to see a different face of the seychelles.Travelling by bus takes more time though
The best beaches on Mahe for me are Intendance ,Beau vallon

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YankoS

The Dive Center and Water Sports Center does provide exellent service to our guest who wants to explore the waters of Seychelles. Glad you had a great time with us.

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Before we went to this hotel we read all the reviews and I have to say the bad ones nearly put us off staying here altogether, which would have been a great mistake. I don't know if some reviewers lie, or just exaggerate the "bad" points they write about but they in NO WAY reflected the stay here that my husband, sister and I just spent there. We arrived early in the morning and were greeted warmly with glasses of refreshing fruit juice while we checked in. As our rooms weren't ready our luggage was placed in a secure luggage room and we were free to enjoy the rest of the morning at the hotel. The hotel lobby opens out into a restaurant area, bar area and a seating area as well as two gift shops. There are two rent-a-car desks and two travel agent desks ) CREOLE TRAVEL agent is brilliant by the way). The hotel casino is on another side, with a door from the lobby. The back of the hotel has a lawn with a path leading straight to the beach - only 100 yards from the main building and to one side there is the swimming pool area, chinese restaurant and pizzeria, which sells drinks and snacks and meals durig the day when the hotel restaurant is closed. As well as sunbeds all around the pool, there are plastic sunbeds which either you, or the very helpful pool staff, can take onto the beach if you want them to, or you can use them on the lawn area if you would like to, at no cost to yourself. Also the hotel very kindly provides beach towels ( just sign for them) so you don't have to take any of your own. We did, but never used them and didn't see anyone using their own either. The meals ( we went half board) were fabulous - the variety was wonderful and everything was cooked to perfection. Unlike some reviewers, we found the restaurant staff always very friendly and helpful as well as very efficient. You only had to sit down at a table for them to come along and ask what you would like to drink ( tea/coffee at breakfast and a varied wine list at dinner ( as well as tea and coffee if you would like).
As far as we know, there is no lift at the hotel, so we thought we would have to take our very heavy suitcases ( my husband and I shared one which was 24 kilos altogether) up to our room on the 2nd floor but the reception staff wouldn't hear of it and insisted that a porter take them up for us ( including my sister's to her room on 2nd floor). When we left, the porter very kindly took them down to reception for us too. The rooms were always clean and tidy and the hotel provided plenty of towels for us. Our rooms, STANDARD ones, were larger than they look in the brochure ( Thomas Cook's) and had plenty of storage space - double wardrobe, cupboard under the tv, dressing table with drawers, and bedside cabinets. Inside the tv cupboard was a good sized fridge where we stored our bottles of water ( for cleaning teeth, drinking etc) which was a lovely touch. The air conditioning worked well. The view from our room was over the garden at the front or side ( there is quite a lot of ground used as a garden at the hotel) and was very pretty. The hotel drive at the front is long, and about a hundred yards up it on the left hand side there is a large pen where some very friendly and inquisitive giant tortoises are looked after and you can visit them ( don't feed them though). There is a complimentary bus ( Mason's Travel) twice a day into the capital, Victoria, which is vrery pretty and picturesque and the bus takes you almost to the silver clock tower, which is a great landmark. Unlike some other reviewers we found the Seychelles people very helpful and friendly and very efficient. Nobody hassles you to buy anything and there are no beggars. In the shops they just say " Hello madam" or "hello Sir" and leave you to look around at your leisure, . They drive on the left like us, have our zebra crossings and traffic lights so it's easy to drive around. And best of all everyone appears to speak fluent English as well as their native Creole so we didn't have any problems being understoood by anyone.
Places to visit - Creole Travel office ( very beautiful inside and great rates of exchange for your English money ( currency only - not travellers cheques). Le Rendevous restaurant - upstairs and open at the sides so that you get a lovely breeze while you drink your coffee and watch the world go by. Natural history museum, botanical gardens, Sir Selwyn Clarke market ( fish, fruit and vegetables and trinkets . There is a Barclays Bank in town, and a Barclays Bank ATM in Beau Vallon village itself, ( about two minutes walk from the hotel drive) and local supermarkets at Beau Vallon too. A great stay all round as well as the best beach on the island - still unspoiled - it's a public beach but very quiet so all you really hear as you lie on your sunbed under the shade of the trees lining the beach, is the sound of the waves and the birds singing in the trees above you. Would go again if we could afford it !!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank shepherdh

Glad you have a wonderful stay with us. Our local staff here is Seychelles does provide their best service to all our guest in a rather typical island free and easy style. I agree with you that some reviewers "exaggerate". Some like it, others don't. Do come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 24 May 2011

This hotel can puzzule you. Looking at the price it is one of the hotel in the more affordable range in the overpriced destination Seychelles. The three room types are: The older not renovated ones with old white rattan furniture. Here you do not want to stay for a two week holiday. Second: renovated rooms where you have newer brown furniture. Third and most expensive parts are the separat chalet rooms. The hallway and the stairs are very ugly. If do not intend to stay a lot in your room it is fine. The pool, the gym are ok and you have direct access to a nice beach. A diving school is directly located at the beach. Generally at the Seychelles you have to ask yourself how much you can or you want to spent for a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank EarthBotswana

We are undergoing refurbishment of our standard rooms. That is why some rooms have rattan furnitures and others have new wooden ones. As this is a large hotel, it takes a bit of time to refurbish all 155 units of standard room. We are also improving our hallways and stairways. This work is done in stages.