“Great Indian Cousine”

Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Beau Vallon
Price range: US$17 - US$31
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fully air-conditioned Indian Gourmet Restaurant, the Mahek restaurant is considered as one of the best Indian restaurant on the island. Situated in the Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel, It provides you a gastronomically selection of Indian Cuisine served in traditional antique style ware. It boasts a "show cooking kitchen" where guest has the opportunity to watch our chefs at work. The restaurant offers the possibility with outsider guests to have the menu take-away. Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday Lunch - 12:00 - 14:00 (weekdays) 12:00 - 15:00 (weekend) Dinner - 19:00 - 21:45
Reviewed 4 July 2014

in Seychelles, there are only two Indian Restaurant, and until recently Mahek, at Coral Coral Strand Hotel was the only one. I happened to like curry, and I do visit Mahek quite often when I am in Seychelles, they also do take-away. The food is very good and the service is brilliant, I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

As the title says, I rate this an average Indian Restaurant. The reason for this rating is as follows: we love eating butter chicken so when we try a new restaurant we use our experience of eating this meal in many restaurants, as a guide. My wife makes a delicious butter chicken with cashew nuts and cream. The Mahek meal had too much of a tomato flavour. Therefore avarage.

I don't know what it is about Seychelles that makes the booze prices so high. Even Euro earning people found the prices high. Even the soft drinks were $5.00, which is high!

I enjoy the cumin and coconut shavings after an Indian meal, which was not available at Mahek.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I walked by this place one morning and smelled delicious curry wafting onto the beach at 10am and the food was even better than the smells! We visited Mahek on what appeared to be a pretty busy night and the service was a little slow but the octopus curry was worth the wait!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Been there lots of times as my husband & I love Indian food .we have always been given ist class service !staff were very attentive ,will be there again soon I hope x

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Chef Raul will tantalise your taste beds....
The only Indian Restaurant in the Seychelles serving you good quality Indian cuisine at an affordable price...
Great beach location!