All reviewsstar michelin restaurantboutique hoteljohn doryfabulous propertyrose petalsgrounds are immaculatecomplimentary bottledirect accessbeautiful algarvelounge chairsheated poolsmall hotelprivate beachrestaurant staff arewelcome drinkspa areagerman family
Reviewed 11 July 2017

From the moment you enter the gates of this hotel situated in a beautiful neighborhood of Albufeira, you get the feeling you are in for a very special experience.

The grounds are immaculate and beautifully kept yet also warm and inviting. The staff goes out of their way to ensure that everything about your stay is relaxing and enjoyable.

The view of the beautiful Algarve beach is breathtaking. Whether on the grass covered deck of your hotel room or reclining on a lounge chair on the back lawn of the hotel surrounded by spectacular landscaping and watching the ocean, you want time to stand still so you can enjoy the moment forever.

I'm not always a big fan of eating at a hotel restaurant, usually preferring to go out and explore. But, missing a meal at Vila Joya's restaurant would be a major mistake. It is an incredible dining experience with a superb staff who guides you through each dish in a warm and accommodating style. Also, don't miss the hotel's new beach cafe which has a terrific lunch menu and a great alternative to some of the large lunches served in most of the other cafes along the beach.

The outdoor gym overlooking the ocean was a great place for a memorable workout.

I could go on writing about how wonderful Vila Joya is but it would never do it justice.

Simply, perfection.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2017

This is a magnificent hotel on the beach in the Algarve. It is a small hotel that is beautifully maintained and tranquil. The rooms are fabulous and I believe all have private balconies facing the ocean. The beach is beautiful. The hotel has a 4 star Michelin restaurant which apparently is great, but quite costly. Breakfast was fabulous with a beautiful ocean view. We had lunch poolside which was tasty but definitely on the costly side. I am a frequent traveler and I have stayed at many 5 star hotels, this one has the vibe of the lifestyles of the rich and famous.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Noahga
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Vila Joya for a long weekend and can really recommend to stay there for some days if u like cosy and very private atmosphere ... the service is very individual, extremely friendly and to the point. Quality of food is clearly one of the highlights - book the chef table in the 2 star restaurant and you will never forget. The hotel offers very nice facilities, including spa, beach house (again excellent food), direct access to a very nice beach, stunning garden and 2 pools. The rooms are not to big but cosy and comfortable.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

As the weather was beautiful, we had lunch outside on the terrace. We were presented with the four course lunch menu, and although I am sure that we could have had alternatives, we decided to 'go with the flow'. Right decision!

The meal was delicious, and perfectly balanced. The staff were excellent, very professional but friendly, and very knowledgeable about the food and preparation.

With all the chef's surprises we probably had about ten courses, and words fail me... they were all superb. In a way, the surprises were even better than the menu items, as they were a complete surprise. The flavours were all very fresh, and the meal was a continuous journey of unexpected delights. The sea bass cerviche... the smoked sheep's yogurt with celery sorbet... the orange and basil palate refresher... and the puddings... well, I leave it all to your imagination.

I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough. Please go and visit.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Vila Joya is not a hotel it`s a “fabric” of emotions and unique experiences – either sensitives and even espirituals.
Here I learned to appreciate to most sophisticated and creative gastronomy in the world, having had the privilege of attending several Vila Joya´s International Gourmet Festival – one of the most prestigious, sophisticated and internationally recognized Gourmet Festivals in the globe.

Now I embarked upon the Awakening Joy Retreat program, a completely revigorating experience that is change my live for ever. This programme boost your inner energy and joy, combining yoga & pramayama with special sound healing therapy and even holistic foods made by the 2 Stars Villa Joya Michelin restaurant – we feel in the moon!!!

Everything about this hotel is absolutely spot on. The intimate atmosphere of the hotel made my stays always so romantic and relaxing that is terrible to leave from here!!! And the hospitable and attentive staff made you feel so special – that again, you don`t want to leave:))

I used to stay in the standart room – but even so I always have stunning views to the most exquisite garden and paradisiac private beach of the hotel. The breakfast is always delicious – served on a lovely terrace overlooking the ocean.
Villa Joya Hotel has been the most memorable inspiring places of my life. Congratulation to all the team how create such exceptional place in the earth as this one!!!