“The most quiet place in the world”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kohtla
Saka Cliff Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kohtla
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This place has wonderful surroundings! When we were there, the weather was awesome, it was very warm. The hotel is situated at the shore of the Baltic sea, and you can go swim there or climb up the watch tower and see how beautiful all is around. We were staying in a bungalo type of house. It had no Wi-Fi access, though the main building had. I asked for the iron and I was given one. At the first night the light in our bathroom stopped working. I told that to the reception worker however they didn't do anything about it. But they didn't forget to take back the iron, of course. The breakfast was nice, we were dining outside and there were swallow nests all round - a sign of good ecology around there!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Saka Cliff Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Good things and bad things. I found the staff friendly and the maid wouldn't even take my tip. I had Internet in my room, correction, my tiny little room. I liked the free breakfast and enjoyed staying at what I feel was a quaint Eastern European hotel. I loved walking around the grounds in the evenings and seeing the Gulf of Finland. The fat black cat lying around was also quaint and I don't even like cats. Plus, it had heated bathroom floors! I want one at my house! Yes, rooms and beds are small. Walls are thin. TV only had a couple channels and I couldn't understand any of them. But hey, you're in Eastern Europe!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We choose this hotel for its position and I must say this is really paradisiac. This hotel/restaurant/spa is situated in a huge park, with fantastic view on the sea, directly on the north coast of Estonia.
The service was not the best: at our arrival there was nobody in the reception, after 10 minutes of waiting arrived a lady who without saying a word, checked us in, in breakfast hall, the day after, there was nobody even for asking a coffee. The reception personnel was not very kind and did not even say hello when one came in. I did not feel welcome at all in this hotel. Some guests might not like the big cat (!) who walks freely around the hotel and sleeps on the armchair in reception.
Our room was really small and also the bathroom (without hairdryer!) needs some renovation. Bed was uncomfortable. The main problem is, that in this hotel I could not sleep for the INSIDE noise - you can hear your "neighbours" speak, snore, take a bath, walk etc! I think in a hotel that is situated in countryside and which publishes itself as the most relaxing place in the world, has to fixe these problems. Considering all this problems, I find it also overpriced. If you want to see this wonderful place, just take a walk in this magnificent park, but stay overnight somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fadinard
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I stayed one night in hotel (not mansion). Hotel was ok. Staff was friendly. Room was small. There was no Internet connection or minibar. Breakfast was very basic.
Restaurant on underground floor of the mansion was good. Food was good and cheap.
I would prefer this place for camping. They have nice and small camping place just front of the seaside.

Room Tip: Try to get room from the Mansion.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank randomherohimself
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Still a bit cold in mid-April and it was rainy and cloudy when we were there, so we didn't see the views at their best. The advantage was that it was all reasonably quiet - just what we wanted. We enjoyed the walks and the time to sit and read. It is worth the extra cost to get a deluxe room - the extra space and the armchairs were great. However, the double bed was a little narrow and the blanket still didn't cover it! We enjoyed the steam sauna every day, but we would probably skip the capsule treatments next time. Breakfast at the hotel was incredibly plain. The highlight was the restaurant, which is under the manor house - great meals in a great atmosphere, with good service, for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2012

The rooms in the manor house are fantastic, but a bit overpriced (suite for 175 e/night is a rather large sum for being outside of any large city). The grounds are fantastic and the whole place extremely relaxing with breathtaking views! The standard rooms would need a bit of an upgrade in the future. The restaurant is terrific and the chefs commendable! Well worth a visit to the manor just to eat their delicacies!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Overall the room was comfortable and at a very good rate. My bed was a small twin that fit my 5'4" height but my colleague had to request an upgrade to be able to get a bigger bed. The views of the sunsets were very nice. Most disappointing was the breakfast as there were very few choices. The room also smelled musty. The wireless connection was working only 1 of the 2 nights I was there and never in my room. The desk was comfortable for typing. The sun rose at 4 am and I could not find a way to block this out. Left tired each morning. Would probably try another location before coming back but considering the rate, not too bad.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kohtla
Toila Spa Hotell
#2 of 6 in Toila
Tuhamae Hostel
Tuhamae Hostel
#2 of 4 in Kohtla

Been to Saka Cliff Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!