“Favourite place in Fiji”
Review of Nabua Lodge

Nabua Lodge
“Favourite place in Fiji”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

This was by far my favourite island lodge. The people were so friendly, would do anything to improve your stay. I have never met a nationality that are so pleasant.
The rooms were basic, but clean and we slept very well.
This is a relaxing island not a party island! Beautiful beach and snorkeling!
The village trip where you meet a chief watch the school children sing and dance and visit a small craft fair made by the local women. Is a must.
Would highly recommend staying here!
Thankyou to Joe and Romeo for making this island so memorable.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Dani1994

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Great place - first island experience of Fiji and it did not disappoint. The resort is pretty, we stayed in a double room which was large and luckily came with a mosquitto net! Staff were very friendly, food was tasty and evening entertainment kept us at the bar all night. Beach very small but there was enough space as it is not overly busy. There is a little cafe that sells tea and cake in the afternoon a few minutes walk from nabua - nice and quaint. Perfect blue water as you would expect from Fiji and so far from the main land it is not too busy. Would recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Kalasin, Thailand
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Nabua Lodge was one of three resorts I was booked into at the Airport at Nandi .
It was not my prior choice , but it was the first Island I went to . After 4 nights I move to another Island , I had already heard that the third Island lacked water . I hated the 2nd Island resort and after one night requested to return to Nabua lodge . When I returned , I fell into the arms of the staff waiting to welcome new visitors . I was put back into the best bure , which was decked out with flowers as if for newly weds .
The food wasn't very exciting , but kept the wolf from the door , our chef a young man of 21 . I simply loved the location the beach and the island people with whom I made good friends . I stayed all my 2 weeks at Nabua Lodge . I used to guide new arrivals along the beach to Oarsman's Bay , where at any state of the tide , the snorkeling was superb . I have never seen a more beautiful coral reef , so accessible close to and such a huge variety of fish . I would go back there any time , I particularly liked the Fijian naturalness . if I go to a Pacific tropical island ; want it to be just that , to be able to commune with the natives , have a taste of their lives . I do not want a modern resort , catering for western comforts , that has no real down to earth fijian culture .

Room Tip: I prefered to have a room with a bathroom , because I need to go during the night . I was first in a...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This is not what you are seeing in the pictures. In December 2012, there was a Cyclone that hit this area. The pictures are beautiful on line but things are not there, such as all the green. It is not any 16 dollars U.S., Years ago it was that price. More like 40 or 50 U.S. dollars. a night., depending on the room.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Nacula Island hotels

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 April 2013

The nicest of the 3 resorts I stayed at in the Yasawa's, friendliest staff, nice location, good food, and a free upgrade to a shared room instead of the dorm as they were doing some maintenance to it - highly recommended for the price. Only downside is its a bit of a walk to a decent swimming beach.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2013

The Beach is so lovely so really the accomodation is irrelevant as it is just somewhere to sleep at night. the staff were amazing they were always having fun and getting us to play games etc. I would advise paying extra for a double room as the dorms do not have mosquito nets and there are so many mosquitos at night. the food is pretty average. I think its pretty bad that they advertise prices for snorkelling trips and then ask you to pay extra to hire a snorkel, other islands it was free for house guests. I only learnt after i was there that this is supposed to be the place for Cava, we were never offered this. Power cuts out at 10pm so its always an early night which is a shame as the bar and restaurant area is really nice.

Room Tip: go for a double bure rather than a dorm, no mosquito nets means u will be suffering!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sarah B
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I was a bit disappointed with Nabua Lodge. First, they are advertised as a diving resort, but there is no dive shop on site, they contract out through another company. Which, when I go diving, I like to meet the dive master, know where we are going, and make sure my equipment fits, not just get picked up and go. So I didn't actually do any diving with them. The snorkeling in the bay also isn't great, not much to see, although they do have day trips to the Blue Lagoon, which is worth going to see, but also not spectacular snorkeling.

The food here is very plain, it is edible but that is the best I can say about it. The accommodations are very plain and are cleaned while you are staying in them. I don't need daily room service but at least someone to sweep so that you don't have 6 inches of sand in the room would be nice. I found most of the staff friendly, but it is a small resort with a very mellow night life. During the day I enjoyed the atmosphere, it was very relaxing and peaceful, but there was nothing to do at night. I was there for 3 nights and everyone was in bed at 9pm two of the nights. I am a night person so I found that very hard to handle, I wanted to be doing something. Most evenings I drank Kava with the staff and had a good time with them.

Nacula island is great though. There are some amazing hikes that you can do, good walks along the beach when the tide is out, cave trips and trips to the Blue Lagoon. I wasn't disappointed that I went here but I wouldn't be rushing back.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
#16 of 23 in Yasawa Islands
Oarsman's Bay Lodge
Oarsman's Bay Lodge
#2 of 3 in Nacula Island

Been to Nabua Lodge? Share your experiences!