“Quiet and tranquil”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Nacula Island
Sydney, Australia
“Quiet and tranquil”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Amazing beach and views from the bar/restaurant to watch the perfect sunset. Good food and plenty to do if wanted, otherwise sit and relax.
Staff were a bit "distant" which gave the impression of unfriendly but I don't think this is the case. See past that and you'll enjoy yourself.
The caves are a MUST

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Antony-Ashby

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Somerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Decent value, but compared to another Yasawa resort we stayed in, this was a bit worn down. Great view and hammocks but moldy bedding and activities that weren't well coordinated (one day ten of us waited for an hour for the cooking class leader to show - once he did it was great, but that's stretching Fiji time a bit past acceptable bounds. The dance night was fun and we were lucky have some really fun groups and couples all there which made the experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We are a family from Switzerland with a kid (2) and spent on our world trip for one week Safe Landing Resort in Fiji (April 2012). We had a bungalow wright on the beach, which was very spacious and with a nice terrace. But there are different rooms for every budget. The beach is good to play with the kids and is also good to swim. If you go out a little bit, then you have beautiful corals to see (go with a kayak or with someone together). The beach has about midday also some shadow from the palms, which I liked (I get quickly sunburn and so you can be with the kid all day on the beach). The restaurant is on a separate beach some meters beside the main beach with nice sunset. The food is not like you get maybe in Octopus resort, but still very good a you have always enough. Furthermore the stuff Is fantastic, friendly and you get very easy in touch with the locals. Anyway all are kinds friendly and always helpful if you need something. The snorkeling trip for different places was great and the beach where the film the blue lagoon has been made is from this resort reachable by boat. Anyway there are every day different activities to do. I forgot if there is a pool (I was always on the beach or in the water for snorkeling). All in all – I will choose the resort next time again when we visit Fiji (then we will be with two kids).

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

The resort is lovely location perfect the local people truely amazing allways a great time twice there this year.have been coming for over 20years now.only 3 bures on western side have no hot water.i think all bures should have a safety light it .all the life jackets need to checked as most are damaged and it should be made compulsory to wear when transfering from yasawa flyer to island as sometimes boats are over crowed on when on fishing trips etc.vinaka

• Stayed June 2013
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I was there in October 2012, and booked for 5 nights. The hotel was pretty much empty. Only 3 couple, and me. The place looks old, and really needed to be renovate. The welcoming was nice, but there was something wrong with the atmosphere of that place. I wasn't feeling comfortable at all.
I booked for a girls dorm, and since there was no one, they upgraded me to a bungalow. It was nice of them, BUT the shower didn't work properly, I barely had water, and the toilet was so disgusting. Haven't been cleaned since ages... Landscapes are beautiful though, but it's Fiji, everywhere is beautiful. If you like being with the nature, it's the place to be. But as far as I'm concerned I didn't like it at all. You only have power from 5pm to 10pm. Clearly you can't do anything. I was in my room at 10pm, reading a book and the power went off. So I was in the dark the whole time... trying to sleep..
They charged you 10$ just for a visit to the church... I'd rather give that money to the church itself. The owner, and his mum are not very friendly.

After one night, I decided to get out of this island, so I asked if they could refund me. We were not in the high season, and there was no one in their island anyway. So after debating, the woman who worked there, said that she couldn't completely refund me, only two nights... OK....
Fair enough, it's better than nothing. She also said that she will book my ticket for the ferry so I won't have to pay for it, since I decided to go to Beachcomber island. What a surprise for me when I went in the ferry, and they charged me full price even with the ticket she gave it to me.... They told me that my ticket was just a booking. Morality, they didn't refund me a penny.

It was all about money in this island. Luckily the staff were nice and friendly... I wouldn't recommend that place... It's almost been a year now, hope that they're improved their customer service.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Soso C

Travellers are raving about these Nacula Island hotels

Bribie Island, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Back again and the place is better than ever.
Safe Landing has a top staff with more activities on offer and a real buzz around the place. The staff seem to really have it all together and everything flows so well, from the conch blowing in the morning for breakfast, to the lights out at the end of the day.
I do not quite understand the comment I have just read and note that the writer has never apparently written a review before and I always wonder if this type of review is genuine, never mind, if it is written from a competitor point of view, I guess Safe Landing has VERY little to worry about!
Anyways.... Improvements I found this time around were
* Food is vastly improved. Taste, Variety, Presentation and Quantity
* Many more activities
* Beautiful Massage Area
* Lovely Fiji Singing @ Dinner
There are quite a few different staff this time around, mostly from the Village which is great, but also some who have travelled some distance to work at Safe Landing. Notably the most wonderful Fiji Couple I have ever met, who travelled from an Island of the East Coast of Viti Levu... Bill who sees to the running of the place and does so with a very respectable nature and a firm grip on what is happening with the guests - and his lovely wife Aggie who is running the Office and has a beautiful caring nature about her, whilst getting to grips with all the office procedures.
Bill in the Kitchen is a hoot (peanut gallery), Sonny loves to perform for the guests (no, Sonny - I definitely wont be touching your papaya), Simi is a wonderful spiritual and enthusiastic activities guy, the ladies in F&B and Housekeeping are fab, old and new, groundstaff are ever helpful and warm.........
It was interesting that whilst I was there, a young lady from UK was also there. She is a pastry chef and treated us all to a home cooked coconut cake for breakfast. How fantastic that Bill is open enough to allow guests to use such talents (and teach staff new tricks) like this. That is the kind of thing that a smaller holiday place can do. FLEXIBILITY. Brilliant Stuff.
I thoroughly recommend Cookery Class with the talented Simi. We all learnt something new here and I have the recipe for the Spanish Mackeral (freshly caught in the waters here the day we used it) embedded in my head, so simple and so tasty.
The Blue Lagoon trip was a not-to-miss as always, Nemo was Found as were so many colourful fish, including Parrot Fish. The Caves, Safe Landing is so near to them, so I guess the cheaper price from Safe Landing reflects that not so much petrol needs to be used to get there.... I could go on, there is so much going for this place, more than before.
Back for a 5th time? Me? YOU BETCHA - see you next May!

Room Tip: B1 B2 B3 offer the best but all the rooms offer value for money. Solar Power takes the edge off of...