“Stunning! I wanna go back! Now!”
Review of Octopus Resort

Octopus Resort
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I loved everything about Octopus! The people working there are amazing. All Fijian people are incredibly friendly, but Octopus staff even more!
The food was great and various. Fresh fish and home-baked bread were delicious!
Needless to say, the resort is located in a place so stunning that you feel just lucky to be there.
Excellent spa.
Beautiful and quiet beach.
Fantastic snorkelling very close to the shore.
Funny quiz night!
Great cocktails!
Incredible atmosphere!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank TatyKri
Write a ReviewReviews (1,332)

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed at the Octopus Resort for 10 days and my wife and I and our 3 teenage boys had an amazing family vacation. The management and staff where truly wonderful and the accommodations where very nice. Being able to get away from it all and spend time as a family in paradise is a true blessing. The Octopus experience really gave all of us a rustic tropical experience while still providing luxury amenities.

Room Tip: The privacy and beauty of the two bedroom units where them best. We also had Poppy's 3 bedroom u...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank bart_hart67
Reviewed 29 March 2014

All of the top reviews written about Octopus resort reflect our experience here so I'll try to avoid repetition. It really is a slice of paradise with a beautiful expanse of beach, washed clean by the sea everyday, and the most amazing reef - underwater telly at its best! I stayed here with my elderly father in February 2014. The staff could not do enough to facilitate our stay and basically "made" our holiday. They were always on hand to assist my Dad (he uses a "walker"), from cutting him a walking stick from the bush when we arrived to escorting us to our bure at the end of each evening. Peter and JoJo (General Managers) were incredibly supportive and Ravi (Manager) was always on hand to assist with his boundless energy and ability to make us laugh. However the "star" of our five day stay was undoubtedly Mosese (Porter) who, from the minute we arrived, was at my Dad's side helping him down the beach and into the sea each day. He even took my Dad snorkelling, helping him put his fins on and guiding him round the reef. Without Mosese he would have been unable to swim in the sea because the steeply shelving beach. To sum it up we had an amazing holiday in a fabulous resort on a beautiful island but it was the warmth and friendliness of the Fijiian staff that really made it for us. Thank you Octopus - we will be back!

5  Thank Sirio2014
Reviewed 28 March 2014

All aspects of this resort are excellent. We had a very reasonable bure (not en suite), that was perfect. Not too far to the bathrooms. And plenty of facilities available. The grounds and beach are great. Cool bars, especially the Coconut bar. Massages were fabulous. But best of all is the food! From breakfast (best omelettes ever!) through lunch and the dinners the food was just out of this world. I don't usually expect too much when the food is an "all inclusive package" that you have no choice but to choose... But this time it was different. Also the format of big communal dining tables introduces you to other people, and you make new friends. The evening entertainment was good too. Loved both the Hermit crab racing and the outdoor cinema under the stars. Free WiFi.
Only flaw in otherwise perfect stay was I gave in washing for the laundry. I specified that my skirt (deep blue) needed to be washed separate as the colour would run. I found it strange that on the day we were leaving I did not get the washing back until shortly before we left. (From one of the assistant managers) I checked that the items were there, but had no time to look at them closely. I only realized later that one of my light colored dresses was ruined. Blue stains from the skirt had blotched the dress. On checking the details of our bill from the resort, we realized that we had not been charged for the washing. Covering their backs in case a complaint was made? The dress was brand new and cost $60. A shame because it marred an otherwise perfect stay at this idyllic resort...

Room Tip: Would not recommend the Poppy suites. They are more expensive, and yes they are on the beach, but th...
Reviewed 24 March 2014

A one and a half hour speedboat ride from Vuda Marina in Nadi lands you in a tropcial paradise, far away. Gorgeous location and resort, catering to all budgets, great value for money. The resort has a relaxed, friendly and social atmosphere. Great place to make new friends.

We had chosen a Premium Garden Bure, built the traditional way. It was very spacious and had very comfy beds. The bathroom and shower was outdoor and had a large decking with flower beds and hibiscus hanging over the walls. Ceiling fans made us sleep comfortably without the need to use mosquito net. The beach was no more than 20 meters away.

A short walk took us to the common dining area and the Coconut Bar on the beach. Fantastic sunsets, Happy Hour and fantastic food. You never left the diningroom hungry. The pool area is great, and has ample sunlounges. Plenty of activities with something on every night. The hermit crab race was the best ! You can bring your own crab.

Recomended activities: night snorkel, cooking class and a massage.

The beaches is prestine, protected by the reef and perfect for a swim in the moonlight.

The housereef is excellent, huge and in prestine condition. We spent most days scuba diving and never has a boring dive. The underwater typography is varied, and life plentiful with turtle and shark sightings. The swimthroughs on the Pinnacle soon became a favourite. Our 11 year old daughter did Discover Scuba Diving, and was in very safe hands.

The best about the whole place: The Staff, Happy and friendly, and nothing was ever a problem.
Thanks to everyone, especially the Kooki and the Dive team !

The Bulger Family

Room Tip: You are never far from the beach, regardless of bure. As a family of 3, the premium garden bure was...
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Traveled here in 2009, and loved every minute of it. You can do whatever you want to do, be it strenuous, relaxing or anything in between. The staff are great, the food brilliant, and the rooms just what you need.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Octavius_Gilgamesh
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My family and I had the best time at octopus resort! :) the staff and the village people were all brilliant! I went with my brothers 19 & 22 and my sister 19 myself 21 and my mum and even though its a secluded island we still managed to have fun. All the activities are mad and it feels like you've been on the island for 10 days only spent 4 days their.. #fijitime I defently recommend the place..
Best staff you'll ever meet halerious I've forgotten some of their names but solo was mad who works at the dive shop..and all the ladies were so nice and funny. We just got back from from fiji and went to 3 other places but this is the only place I wanted to write a review about :) brilliant

• Stayed: March 2014
#1 of 2 in Tokoriki Island
Mantaray Island Resort
Mantaray Island Resort
#1 of 4 in Nanuya Lailai Island

Been to Octopus Resort? Share your experiences!