After all the hype about Octopus we were disappointed. I think they are living on their reputation. We had a half hearted welcome song but only from back in the shade. The entertainments guy (Dutch?) welcomed us when we arrived but never spoke to us again. Internet access was $12 for 30 mins and as there was only one access you needed to book. Snorkelling was only good. There is a pool table but it seemed only for staff use.If you have a garden bure or are in a dorm you have to join the morning 'get my towel on a sunbed' or it is lying on the sand for you. It is now very expensive and finally the staff were not especially friendly (but Mantaray set a high standard).
Having said all that: The food was excellent with a good choice and you do not have to be there at a set time. The beach was great. The swimming pool made a great difference to our stay. The bures were really excellent, roomy and clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The minute you step onto the beautiful mile long, golden sand beach at Likuliku Bay, you will be on ‘Fiji Time’. You will find some of the best snorkeling and diving in Fiji, just step outside your front door. Our beautiful reef is only a few meters from the shore, and is a protected marine reserve. Octopus boasts some of the warmest, friendliest smiling faces anywhere in the world, come and meet the “real Fiji”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, HostelWorld, Priceline, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Octopus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Octopus Hotel Waya Island
- Octopus Resort Waya Island
- Hotel Octopus
- Octopus Resort Fiji/Waya Island