We recently travelled to Fiji for the first time. My fiance and I were getting married on the Coral Coast but we decided to head over a few days before hand to relax and unwind with our two best friends. Our first stop was Nanuya Island Resort. We arrived during a storm and the staff were so careful to bring our luggage in without it getting wet, and each of us were immediately handed umbrellas upon our arrival for the short distance between the shore and the main bure. We were greeting by a cheerful Alfie who provided delicious welcome drinks and hot coffee and gave us a the lowdown on the resort. We decided to wait out the rain with a few cocktails (which were VERY delicious and very reasonably priced). Then Alfie showed us up to our tree bures. There was a short hike up some stairs and we were greeted by the most amazing view of the treetops and ocean. The bed was amazingly comfy and each room was equipped with a small bar fridge (great to store duty free purchases). The bathroom was gorgeous with an outdoor type shower. The beach was the perfect temperature for swimming and we spent our days alternating between here and enjoying relaxing cocktails by the bar on the lounges, listening to a wonderful selection of music. I am completely obsessed with food - so I was determined to eat my way through the menu. The lunches were tasty, cheap and huge! The dinners were better than ANY of the meals that I have had at 5 star restaurants at home. I ended up eating fish every night as it was so succulent and tasty, and each night it was cooked in a completely different manner. Of course we also ate every dessert that was on offer - please please please try the banoffee pie - it was to die for! The staff are what really make this resort standout from any others. Nothing was too difficult for them. We asked if there was any chance that we could try fresh coconuts, the next minute there was a man climbing the palm tree at the front of the bar. 5 minutes later we were presented with freshly cut coconuts with a straw and a gorgeous flower! I had asked one of the staff if there was any chance of getting mud crab whilst we were there, but he said that it wasn't really the best time of year to catch them. To my suprise, the next night I was informed that they had caught some fresh crab and it was on the menu for dinner. We really did feel like celebrities at this resort...every staff member new our name, they even set up our own special table to eat at at mealtimes. We met some lovely other travellers whilst we were there and strongly urge ANYONE heading to Fiji to visit Alfie and the team at Nanuya. A special mention must also go out to Remi for organising an amazing village tour for us and to the boys who came over from the village to serenade us one night during our kava session. We really felt like we were in paradise! p.s. During our stay we actually contemplated moving our wedding to the resort, but it was too late to back out of where we had it booked!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the sunset side of Nanuya Lailai Island lies pristine Nanuya Island Resort. Nestled among palm trees and tropical flora in the beautiful Yasawa Islands, fringed by white sandy beaches and a blue lagoon, here you can embrace the island lifestyle and let the tropical climate ease away your cares. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Nanuya Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nanuya Island Hotel Nanuya
- Nanuya Island Resort Fiji