My wife and I went to Nanuya Island Resort for a seven day Fijian retreat. We chose wisely. This is a great place. The staff is excellent! Besides being extremely nice, fun, helpful and courteous, they run the place with efficiency and grace.
Alfie the manager does an excellent job running this place. The whole vibe there is one of relaxation and calm. This is a great place to chill.
We stayed in bure #2. This is the deluxe in-suite bure. The room is VERY nice and just steps to the water. The beds are comfortable and the showers are nice. Plenty of hot water and the water pressure is good.
The snorkeling is great! It’s like being in an aquarium. It’s a beautiful coral garden.
You can also arrange for a special snorkel trip. You’ll be taken to an outer reef. We did this. It was great. There’s so much life. We saw fish, octopus, eels, lion fish, sea snakes and spotted sting rays.
We also did the excursion to the limestone cave. Definitely do this! It’s an amazing experience. You actually swim in the cave. Bring a wetsuit if you have one. The water is cold in the cave. VERY fun!
You can also take a walk on a trail to go across the island to a local village. The people are welcoming and very nice. I did this and really enjoyed the experience. If you do this, bring much water because it’s hot walking in the sun. You can also get to this village by walking on the beach if it’s low tide. Doing this will be cooler, but it’ll take a little longer.
They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. They food is very good. Food starts at 8am. There is an all day menu until 6pm. Then the menu changes for dinner. Dinner is 6 to 9pm. VERY good food.
Fresh fish is brought in by local fisherman very often. So, the fish there is very fresh and delicious. Much of the fish they serve is called Walu. This is also known as Spanish Mackrel. It’s a very light fish and just yummy. They serve it many different ways. They try to be creative every night with the cuisine. So, you won’t get bored with the food.
We went during August. This is winter in Fiji. This is a great time of year. It’s their dry season. The temperature is also much milder. The water is still warm and there’s much less mosquitos. However, I did bring my wetsuit and my own snorkel gear. I’m glad that I did. It makes snorkeling much more comfortable.
There are many hammocks to relax in and the lounge area by the restaurant is also a nice place to sit and chill. Each bure has a nice porch. Just sitting on your porch looking at the beautiful water is very nice to do too.
Again, the staff does an excellent job taking care of everyone and making sure that everyone has a great time. They work very hard to accommodate all of your needs and requests.
We’re so glad that we chose the Yasawa islands to go to. There islands are not as populated and much less touristy.
You will have a great time if you choose this resort to stay in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the sunset side of Nanuya Lailai Island lies pristine Nanuya Island Resort. Nestled among palm trees and tropical flora in the beautiful Yasawa Islands, fringed by white sandy beaches and a blue lagoon, here you can embrace the island lifestyle and let the tropical climate ease away your cares. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Nanuya Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nanuya Island Hotel Nanuya
- Nanuya Island Resort Fiji/Nanuya Lailai Island