“very bad”

Salybia Nature Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Salybia
Reviewed 19 June 2012

my stay at salybia was the worst the aircondation was not working my husband i and took hours to get our cable box to work we finally got threw at 10 .00pm in the night since from 2 .00 clock when we check in the service by the desk was the worst no kind of help . We spend the weekend with dirty towels no change of towels in the room I would not advice no one to visit salybia just knowing it was my birthday it was my worst birthday thanks to salybia

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
14  Thank Asha M
There are newer reviews for Salybia Nature Resort & Spa

Reviewed 10 June 2012

we only stayed for one night as it was impromptu....our room was comfortable with a great view of the ocean.....the room had all amenities and it was very comfortable..... Salybia grounds is beautiful with fantastic sea views..the interior however needs to be better maintained.... the walls needs to be repainted and ceiling areas needs to be cobweb..

Room Tip: ask for sea view
6  Thank CarolineKassi
Reviewed 8 June 2012

My wife and I shared at Salybia for our first anniversary and we are thankful it was only one night. The facilities left much to be desired. The room we were put in had no air condition and smelled mouldly. The Television did not work and there were no towles provided. The pool area was unkept and the water was green due to algae growth.

Customer service was poor, I'm not sure if this was because I was a local and the staff did not feel the need to impress me. The meals were over-priced and under-done. The overall feeling of the hotel was disappointment.

Please stay elsewhere in Trinidad. There are numerous hotels which will provide a better stay at a much cheaper price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Yohan R
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed here with some dear friends of ours for the second time. They had previously been here as well and we were all disappointed at the big drop in standard. This time round we got the standard rooms vs the deluxe.
If you are looking for nice accommodation, do not take the standard rooms. They were clean, however, it's below good. The ambiance is poor, and very very basic. The bed was very uncomfortable. Our porch door had a broken glass.
It was a shared porch with our friends with no tables nor chairs. We were told they went for upholstering and they would see what can be done. Of course this request never followed through and we really did not bother to pursue as we were only spending a night.
You will not be provided with pool towels in the room, but make sure to request at front desk as these are complimentary.
Meals were included, however, this time around, the food lacked taste and they were strict with the meat portion. We could only have one piece of 2 kinds of meat. The dessert was also verrry poor. The cake slices were very thin and there was no ice cream, even upon request.
The pool really needs a proper cleaning system installed.
The grounds are so beautiful and really this place has so much potential, it's such a pity. Will not be returning here for a long time again.

12  Thank Ackbar
Reviewed 1 May 2012

On April 30th was my 1 year anniversary and my wife and I spent the weekend there.The place was peaceful,our room was very comfortable, facilities where clean and the food was very good! I think this was a perfect hide away for two persons in love. Will visit again!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The Turtle Wing was nice because you can see the beauty of the ocean and the resort. When reading pe...
13  Thank wendell681
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Stayed at the this "resort" for just one night and was highly disappointed with the condition of the property and guest room. The swimming pool for starters looked like something out of a horror movie. It was filled with green, mossy looking water. The guest room which I stayed in looked more like a motel or maybe a room in a beach house. The bathroom was disgusting, there was mildew in it, the shower enclosure was broken and it is so tiny.
There is no phone in the room, so when I realized there was no remote for the television I had to use my cell phone and call the front desk. I had to call the hotel twice before anyone answered the phone, and then actually go down to front desk to remind them I called for a remote.
Sigh!!!! I expect more from this property, at least a clean pool. The owners/managers should really consider upgrading and maintaining this establishment.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
14  Thank HospitalityMajor
Reviewed 30 March 2012

If you are looking for a hide away, this would have been the perfect place. Approximately forty-five minutes from the airport, tucked away in the quiet Salybia village, with its beautiful landscaping and beach front, this place was designed for relaxation. However, Management seem to be their downfall.
The establishment has not been properly maintained. The pool was dirty, the rooms deteriorated and there seemed to be a communication breakdown between workers which caused problems from time to time. My greatest dissapointment in this establishment was the reheated hash brown I recieved for breakfast, that tasted like what i imagined cardboard would taste like.
if you are not looking for a three star treatment and you don't mind roughing it if the need arises, then you will do fine here.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs main building are thre better rooms
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Warren S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salybia
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre
Courtyard Port of Spain
Courtyard Port of Spain
#1 of 22 in Port of Spain

Been to Salybia Nature Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!