“Worst 2 nights ever” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Salybia Nature Resort & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Salybia Nature Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Salybia
Miami, Florida
“Worst 2 nights ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

We booked for 2 nights for 2 adults and 2 kids. When we arrived reception was rude and impolite and obviously not ready for us. Even though we got there at 6:30pm and they called us at 5pm to confirm we were on our way these people were clueless. The price on the invoice was twice as much as what was quoted. Then when we cleared thet up and got to the room there was only one towel, no direct tv, a/c not working properly and not to mention musty smell. Bathroom had broken toilet seat and no shower curtain. Also we were assured that the room would have an additional bed because it has one king size and it's four of us. There was no additional bed in place. When we complained they sent us to dinner and they will sort things out. We got back from dinner they only managed to get us two additional towels, no additional bed no direct tv, a/c started to work. At 9pm my kids tired and sleepy and no bed insight a supervisor named Mr. Albert shows up to say sorry he cannot find one. After giving him a piece of my mind he offered to bring a mattress to be placed on the floor. With having no choice I had to agree. The next day after a sloppy breakfast we wanted to get beach towels to go to the pool and beach. We should have known better. As a guest of this rathole you are not entitled to it. You have to pay for beach towels and pay a deposit for them also. What a rip off. The pool was crowed with people because no security so anyone gets in and uses the facilities. The hotel apparently offers a day pass service. Where you can use the pool and enjoy what little amenities are available for a small fee. So the pool was looking disgusting. Guess all locals welcome. We could not even get to the beach because of all the debris blocking the gate. This place is the worst ever. Food sucks, people suck, u need a tetanus shot just to visit. I do not recommend at all. Yea we left early. There was no spa unless you count the tub in the living room.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
28 Thank Richard R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
caribbean
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

There is really nothing positive to say about this resort other than the good location. The receptionist was terrible and rude, food and bar was horrendous, the pool area was filled with moss and algae growing all over. The fixtures around the hotel were rusty and depressing and the service was the absolute worst. I would never ever stay here again, the experience was a nightmare!!!!!! Totally disgusted and disenchanted!

• Stayed September 2012
15 Thank travelbee811

Travellers are raving about these Salybia hotels

Trinidad
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Somewhat of hectical and relaxing. It has the both of to worlds. First of all my wife and I got our room at 3 pm when it was to be at 2. The receptionist said that it was still occupied and wasn't ready, I really didn't have a problem with that but indeed for me it was a long drive and yes I was tired, for my wife she was getting a bit vex. After settling in the queen deluxe room we were offered complimentary drinks by the receptionist to compensate for the long wait,but unfortunately we didnt take it because we just wanted to freshen up an have a snooze. The pool was nice, it wasn't ready until at 4pm that said day,of which we were informed via a phone call that morning, kudos to Patrice for that,the meals were good,I really didn't support rice for dinner but it was good, looked forward for sweet corn soup but didn't get any this time around. The room was nice spacious bathroom and generally clean. The stupid thing is they were fixing the roof of the adjacent building,things were falling off the roof almost hitting my wife,we wasn't informed about work being done, there were no caution tape or danger tape around signalling work being done, not even a sign, and after the tiles of the roof came crashing down the guy said " allyuh nuh suppose to be passing there, like it eh ha no caution tape ah wa" the guy didn't put up any so how the hell am i suppose to know, i got really vex, tried to keep my cool and left immediately, even after that scenario no caution tape still wasn't up, and it's right where the walkway is.
The pool bar was irritating with loud stupid soca music,you know the ones that no one even listens to or you just didn't know it existed, and kill the bar guy dead it's really sounding good and he slamin' I had to practically shout my order to him and yet he didnt lower it. After the bar closed it was then I got into the pool, I spent 1500 for this, now 1500 is reasonable for the package, it was 1 nite stay with buffet and usage of their facilities, not the treatment that came unexpectedly. To be at home is nice....

Room Tip: Queen deluxe is good
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
15 Thank Malan P
Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

I was on a road trip to Toco one Caturday morning and called the hotel to inquire about breakfast availability for non-resident guests.
The receptionist placed me to the kitchen staff and she was awesome!!! Their breakfast closes at 10 am, but they were willing to not only serve my group of 6, but to lay out the real royal treatment for us all. The best part was they allowed us to have the best seat in the house to dine and the view was amazing. The food was good for the time of day and their attention to our party of 6 was really good. More than ever, they allowed us to have a tour of the property after breakfast and so the road trip was a successful one with a nice pause for refreshment. Way to GO!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank Nikkij N
Chaguanas, Trinidad
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

My husband and i recently stayed at this resort and it was the worst experience ever! FIRST OF ALL RECEPTION IS THE WORST! These people have no work ethics whatsoever,they need some training,they were very unfriendly.2nd of all when being escorted to my room there was caution tape blocking off the area and we had to pass under it,paint buckets thrown on the lawn,scaffels we had to walk under at our own risk of it fallin an us.Other guests there were very loud and obnoctious,general ambience was terrible for soo much money.The pool was very dirty and mossy,just disgusting.the property needs some maintainance.the only good thing was the the view of the ocean and the food was tasty.They need to increase their standards for their pricey packages.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
32 Thank Maria G
sanfernando trinidad
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for 1 night
We decided to take the all inclusive package....
Firstly they don't know the meaning of all inclusive....
There was not much variety!
No drinks! No buffet!
However the room was decent clean toilet and bath
Nice little balcony and an ok pool...
Unfortunately I won't return for that price.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
29 Thank jeromie r
Cape Coral
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

My wife and I spent an absolutely wonderfull 3 days at this resort.From the facility to a breath-taking view to excellent service,meals and friendly staff,it delivered!!!
We will be back again.Keep up the good work!!
Randy & Madge

Like · .

We will be back again.Keep up the good work!!
Randy & Madge

Like · .

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank FloridaCapeCoral
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salybia
Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Club
Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre
Courtyard Port of Spain
Courtyard Port of Spain
#1 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Salybia Nature Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!