“Heaven on Earth”

Salybia Nature Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Salybia
Reviewed 3 December 2009

What a perfect getaway ,when you need to spend time away from it all, no better place than Salybia Nature Resort & Spa, It's truly heaven on earth. The location is perfect and sets the tone for a vacation away from it all, the surroundings with luscious greenery and water all around, the rooms are beautiful, well positioned and made for your value.The service was the best, everyone is smiling, makes you feel home away from home.The spa treatments are to die for and to top it all of, the infinity pool,it just completes the resort like no other I've been to. I love this place,definitely would be back and will recommend it to all my friends and family, local and abroad,What a perfect place where escaping just become easy.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jusdalep

Reviewed 8 November 2009

Seeing the ambience, we have been tempted to stay. The appearance is very good and very near to Matura where you can view turtles. Even though the rent was high over usd 200 a night, we preferred to book it. After booking the resort, we understood that we have not selected the right place. On arrival, we were asked to pay extra amount for small children. Hotel management responded that all rooms are only for couples and we are required to pay extra money for the children. However, no additional facilities would be provided. The welcome drink was very bad. The receptionist told that the rooms will be provided after 2 pm which is the check in time. This is ridiculous. The rooms are let out for day visitors from 10 to 2. So, we had to stay in the lounge till 2 pm. In the rooms, the furniture, the beds and the linen were very old. The staff do not respond to any of your queries. The main attraction of the resort is the pool. The resort people have mis-guided us the way to go to Matura beach to watch turtles and so we had to take a long drive back. During the night, water was leaking from the air conditioner and the whole room got drenched. The hotel staff advised us to walk carefully, so that no one will be injured. They have not cleaned the room saying that maintenance and room cleaning will not be done at night. This is a horrible place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed 27 October 2009

It was the last weekend of my vacation and after hearing much about Salybia Nature Resort and Spa, I was a bit excited to just get some rest and relaxation before heading back out to work. My spouse and I took the luxury suite with all meals included, as well as massages for the couple and complimentary wine at dinner for the time we stayed there. Upon arrival, I was disappointed to find that reception was lacking and no mention was made as to what times lunch, dinner and breakfast would be served or what time we would have liked to schedule our massages. The room was spacious enough, but I could see mold on the sofa and balcony chairs. I scorn dirty places. At dinner time, we had to ASK for the complimentary glasses of wine (despite wearing the LUXURY SUITE handbands). On the second night of our stay, they bought some cheap, fizzy, sparkling juice thing and passed it off as wine. The food was nothing spectacular either. No mention was made of the massages and on the last morning of our stay, when I asked about them, reception said they could schedule the massages for 11 am and 11:30am...mind you, we had to check out of our room by 12 midday. When I asked to speak to a manager because I was sorely frustrated the the treatment we received, I was told that the manager wasn't there as yet...*sigh*...we packed our stuff and left. The only good thing about this hotel was the new waiter they had hired, named Christian. He was sociable, kind and willing to try his best to make sure my husband and my needs were met.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KateandKen
Reviewed 19 October 2009

I thought this would be a great getaway weekend with my husband, but we were sorely disappointed. I do agree with others that the spa experience was excellent. We stayed in a standard room since it was only a weekend. The rooms are poorly finished, the meals were not extraordinary. I do not believe that shake and bake chicken and Kool Aid to be dinner standard. The information received on the phone, website and at the resort is inaccurate. The premises look wonderful but there is quite a bit left to be desired. The washrooms in the pool area are filthy. This was a major disappointment and does not meet regional and international standards.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank portofspainvirgolady
Reviewed 13 October 2009

Stayed at the resort for our first anniversary after hearing a lot of nice reviews about the resort. It was greatly over priced for the service/ammenties provided. The room was a deluxe room, not a standard room that was extremely small, bed linens and pillow cases smelled of use and lack of washing, we actually had to remove the pillow cases to sleep, the bed had bed bugs, the A/C remote did not work so you could not adjust the temperature, the porch light did not work, room floors were sticky, quite an ordinary room. The package was inclusive of breakfast, lunch and dinner which was most disappointing, not what you would expect from a caribbean getaway. We got the same menu for lunch and dinner and breakfast was bread and eggs....we eat much better food at home!!! And to top it all off, an hour before checkout time the water was turned off apparently due to some 'problems' and could not take a shower or wash hands before leaving!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank zzzTrinidad
Reviewed 23 July 2009

It was my wife birthday so i decided to take her to the Salybia Nature Resort and Spa for treatments at the Salybia Mist. The staff were very welcoming and friendly my wife enjoyed the massage and her facial. So persausive were the staff that they persauaded me to have a full body massage. It was heavenly. I would recommend this place to all my friend. My co-workers have decided to have a retreat at the resort in mid September.
I can't wait to for us all to share the experience of a lifetime.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2009

I chose this resort for my husband and I to spend our anniversary weekend.....and the experience was definitely much better than we had expected! Great room with fantastic view of beach and grounds from balcony; healthy ,delicious meals and pleasant professional service; beautiful grounds and pool......... we were sad to leave, and can't wait to go back soon!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salybia
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
Hilton Trinidad and Conference Centre
Courtyard Port of Spain
Courtyard Port of Spain
#1 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Salybia Nature Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!