“Never back!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pedemonte
Reviewed 18 June 2011

- Overpriced
- Adequate rooms
- The food was disappointing, even though the restaurant had two Michelin stars.

Both the hotel and the dining was overpriced. Look for other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank krs1964

Reviewed 17 April 2011

The Villa is magnificent and very nicely decorated. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are big and decorated with antique furniture. After spending the whole day sightseeing the region, (which has a lot to offer), Villa del Quar, and the nice garden are just what is needed to relax.
The only observation I allow myself, but it’s only a detail; I would have expected complementary bottled water in the room.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MySalami
Reviewed 18 November 2010

Villa del Quar is just one of those places that explain why Italy is such a magical and astonishing country.
I had stayed in the Hotel for the first time 4 years ago and loved the place. Original, historical, picturesque and elegant. The atmosphere was lovely, the restaurant delicious and the service top of the line.
The owners (a lovely real Italian couple) were present at all times and taking care of every single detail.

This year we went back to Italy and one must was to visit once again the wonderful city of Verona, and of course, enjoy another stay in this amazing hotel.
This time we booked for 5 nights and we were surprised how the Hotel has gone through some relevant transformation while being able of maintaining its unique ambiance. The renewed gardens, covered outdoor patio, innovative pieces of art and new kitchen just made the place even more delightful…

In addition I must clarify that the location is very convenient. It is close enough to the city center to be at the "Arena di Verona" in just five minutes and yet far away enough to enjoy the quiet and peace that the surrounding vineyards of Valpolicella have to offer.

I would most definitely recommend this Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank AndroManda
Reviewed 6 August 2010

A friendly smiling woman at the reception welcome us , and we felt soon like at home .
Such a cozy nice large romantic room in a faboulous place just what I was looking for my one night stay in Relais & Chateaux. We enjoyed and unforgettable Dinner under the stars at their " Arquade" Restaurant , the Head waiter reserved for us a lovely table in the Orangerie facing the park. I never forget the Breakfast Buffet the morning after .
It was not a dream we will come back .
Harrie

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank harriesalt
Reviewed 22 July 2010

My husband and I just came back from two nights at Villa Del Quar and we were dissapointed. This is a Relais and Chateau property but it is certailnly not what we have experienced at other properties. The grounds are sparse...they need a gardener. The room was charming but lacking in high end details.
We had dinner in the retaurant one night and the food was very good but the atmosphere waslacking. Overall this was an expensive place that didin't have the special details to match the price.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BERFB
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I spent just one night here in late apreil 2010, the overall impression of this hotel is not positive. I mean: the villa is great, but the sorrounding vineyards are probably more interesting for tourist from other country than for us that are quite used to them.
The suite where I stayed is a nice room, with nice linen but I can't hardly say that was unforgettable, exactly as the breakfast the morning after in a nice little garden out of our room whit a couple of dogs visiting us.
What I definitely will remember was the attitude of the staff, really formal but not as polite as should be, just as example: as I was checking out at the concierge desk, someone phone in my room to ask my mate to leave the room quickly, ok it was almost noon but was monday and there were only few guest in the hotel.
Another lack of attention as the waiter, twice bring my bag, ok it was the bigger one, instead my girlfriend's one.
The price that I payed is the one everyone can see on the hotel website, make your own conclusion.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank manzana112
Reviewed 23 May 2010

We picked this hotel for a romantic getaway as our first night as a married couple and couldn't have been more disapointed. The mangement was terrible, not helping s in with our luggage. The entrance was fine but we were greeted by a dirty looking receptionist and were then showed to the most disgusting room I have stayed in, small dark, damp with a tiny bathroom with no light. There were no robes or slippers in the bathroom and the mattress was dirty and hard. The surroundings are beautiful but this hotel should we priced at about 100 euros a night.. not over 300. It is Daylight robbery. The room was noisy and the bathtub dirty. This should not be a Relais et Chateau hotel at all. DO NOT trust the receptions guide to nice restaurants in Verona we ere directed to one which upon arrival we decided that they must have been playing a joke on us..
The restaurant was good but again overpriced at 45 euros for an average steak. There is no way we would ever recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank teaella
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pedemonte
Byblos Art Hotel Villa Amista
#5 of 77 in Verona
Palazzo Victoria
Palazzo Victoria
#19 of 77 in Verona

Been to Hotel Villa Del Quar? Share your experiences!