The Amazon Lodge B&B
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Le Sportel Inn(Port of Spain)
  • Restaurant
Palm's Hotel Trinidad(Port of Spain)
Inn Flight Suites(Piarco)
  • Pool
Sundeck Suites(Port of Spain)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat cookgreat companygreat hostsfantastic staysix nightshosts peterus feel at homeyogurtasa wrightscarlet ibisplace to staycaroni swampoffer toursother guestssurrounded by treesrooms are spaciousdietary restrictions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I arrived very tired and rather fed up with the world. Mrs Peter- Louise immediately made me feel warmly welcome in a very charming and warm manner. She seemed to know, without pressing me at all, that I just wanted a quiet and cosy time. They were both, at all times, completely delightful and made me feel immediately part of the family. The sweetest and best behaved dogs, Shep and Jack also made me feel as if I was a long lost friend come home. I could not recommend this wonderful oasis more highly in every way. I shall come back and spread the word. Thank you both most sincerely. I felt so much better for this calm and oh so very therapeutic lodge. Long may it prosper.

Room Tip: The rooms on offer are all clean, en suite and very comfortable. 5 star all round. Each have a most charming view of the stunning garden and birds.
3  Thank Annie F
Peter Q, Owner at The Amazon Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

High praise indeed from one of the owners of the best boutique hotel in Grenada.

Louise and I (plus Jack and Shep.) could literally see the tension disappearing as you relaxed on the balcony to the sounds of the birds and the wonderful smells of the Rangoon Creeper during the day and the Ylang Ylang tree in the evenings.

Come again any time you want ... happy to take you on business runs during the day and then relaxing in the evenings. And don't forget our weekly "Dinner & A Movie" night..

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I'm going to be very brief because everything I was going to say about my stay at the Amazon Lodge has already been said by the other five star reviewers! This was one of the best experiences in my life and I hope to return again soon!

2  Thank misspuff
Peter Q, Owner at The Amazon Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

We couldn't wait to meet you .. someone who knows all about "mystery shopping".... and we weren't disappointed.

Glad you enjoyed the tours. We though we were going to have to get a bouncer to get you out of the Hummingbird centre ... (lots of laughs)

See you again soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Booking Carnival - my 3rd in Trinidad - I choose the Amazon Lodge, because of the terrase picture., Looks like peace far away from towm. Peter and Louise make me feel confortable at all.

Peter, except the breakfast .. every day the same. A sunny side up 3 eggs or scrabled with bacon. hmmmmm .... would have been great.

Both Pter and Loiuse have a great amount of knowledge on Trinidad and can offer advice, and excursions to beaches etc. but sorry Peter for a single traveller to much to pay for.

The familar place is not located right in a central area. 10 minutes by car down, 10 minutes up, and another 30 minutes to P.0.S. Peter was more than willing to pick me up and drop me off at Caruepe junction for the Maxi Taxi 6 TT$ to POS. Problem the food, when you come back from POS you could eat at KFC chicken - good., Burgers, Doubles (Veg) and bring some meal and drinks up. But if you are lazy relaxing at the veranda, Peter needs to go down and up ... 25 minutes, and I could buy only fast food.

Internet was free, Softdrinks and Coffee at all !!!
I recommend this guest house and the family as you I feel getting part of it.

If you like all the beaches and trips arround by Maxi taxi you need to calculate every day an extra 1 1/2 hour !!! But its calm up here and you have no chance to get lost in the nightlife. Not neccessary to say, rooms, and bath very clean. Peter dont be agressive when I say now:
I DONT LIKE DOGS at breakfast tables etc and the need a long time to learn the word: OUT :-)

Room Tip: Prices are extremly high at Carnival I know. The destination and calm aerea is great, but its not for any people. If you like the city, nightlife, shopping etc. its not the right place Ther is one room with bath, and 2 room sharing, but sharing is really NO PROBLEM
3  Thank Porsche911SC
Peter Q, Owner at The Amazon Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to write a detailed review.

Apologies for not letting you know the breakfast choices. We will more info in each room.

Our location is designed to be near, 10 minutes, from a major hub, and yet tucked away in a quiet spot with lots of birds etc.

We sometimes forget that not everyone loves silly dogs so thank you for pointing that out. We will be more proactive on that issue.

And thanks again for sharing your ideas and thoughts with us. You have been a great help.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

A day after leaving Amazon Lodge, we're currently mourning the end of a breathtaking holiday. Pete and Louise were the perfect hosts as we stayed at the Lodge for 7 days over the carnival period. Pete's passion and expansive knowledge of Trinidad was really useful. He was keen to give us an authentic Trini experience. Lou's warm, easy nature was a pleasure to be around.

If Pete and Lou weren't so accommodating with assisting us getting in and out of town, the location would have gotten a lower rating. Curepe isn't far from POS at all (20-30mins traffic dependent), however, it can be a bit of a struggle for cab drivers to find the exact location of the Lodge. Thankfully Pete does local drops down to Curepe Junction - the point where you can get cabs and buses straight into town from.

Also, Pete and Lou should mention their two lovely dogs on the site. My friend isn't naturally a dog fan so it would have been good for her to be prepared for the dogs before we came.

Overall, the Lodge facilitated a magical week in Trinidad, and Pete & Lou's hospitality were second to none. They are both fab, and I look forward to seeing them when I return to the island!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Tahirah_By
Peter Q, Owner at The Amazon Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

You girls were like a breath of fresh air. After 38 years of Carnival involvement one can become a little jaded but you re-energised us with your excitement.

Thanks also for the tip about highlighting that we have two silly dogs who are more likely to lick you to death.

Can't wait for you to come back to play in the costumed mas this time.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I must confess that I do not normally enjoy B&Bs but I just spent 2 nights at the Amazon Lodge with Peter and Louise and wish it had been longer. The house is comfortable, clean, safe, and relaxing-- meals on the veranda overlooking the beautiful, lush garden with well-attended bird feeders.

The rooms are nice with good quality a/c and bathrooms and the entire property has excellent wifi.

Peter is a fantastic (reliable, knowledgeable and humorous) host: he picked us up at the airport, took us to meetings and some sights then back to the airport. He was always full of interesting facts and anecdotes.

Louise is a great cook-- definitely eat at least one of her signature dinners!

Hope to visit again in the near future.

P.S. Loved the "fur therapy" provided by Jack and Shep!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MicheleLeeP
Peter Q, Owner at The Amazon Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Glad also we were able to find useful contacts for your organisation. Feel free to tap our local business knowledge bank. As a past President of the Chamber of Commerce we can arrange all sorts of introductions.

Of course its also vital you have breaks from "The COLD" as often as possible (said with a big smile)

We look forward to seeing you again ... Peter & Louise