“peace and quiet”

Footprints Eco Resort
Princes Town, Trinidad
“peace and quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

footprints offers so much i can say the ppl place and scenery is so so beautiful i visited in 2010 and 2013 and now on december 14th 2014 im goin back my granddad and husband loves the saltwater pool so they cant wait my mom and aunt loves the swinging canopy in gallery so relaxing i cant get enough off footprints and neither would u so if u r lookin for a place thats quiet and relaxing come to footprints eco resort and spa ur stay would be well worth it.

Room Tip: if u have afamily of 5 or more i would recommend the king of the woods
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 22nelly1

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Fernando, San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at one of the private villas. It afforded us the privacy we wanted and was a nice 5 minutes walk to the restaurant through the natural, lovely landscape of the resort. This resort is away from the usual tourist areas in Tobago with a lovely little cove you can swim in. Only disadvantage was getting to the resort as the signage is poor and the roads are a bit tricky to manoeuvre and very narrow.

This is a place that you would stay for a tranquil and private getaway and although you would not get 5 star accommodations, it is a very environment friendly resorts plus we were the only guest there for the duration of our 3-day stay. The pool area and the grounds in general could have done with a little maintenance and one of the air-condition units in our villa was leaking and not turning off.

A great stay all together!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Niala G
Tobago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

this is an amazing place gr8 staff service and food couldn tbe better if u r lookin for place thats really beautiful and serene this is the place to stay i went for 3 days in 2010 and im goin back to visit in august 2013. I would recommend this place to anyone who would love to bring their family to enjoy the fun an sun and to sit back and relax to a beautiful scenery of the beach.

Room Tip: i would select the king of the woods to visitors if its a big family because of the spaciousness and...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank nelly r
Chaguanas, Caroni, Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

Our stay at the resort could not come at a better time ( Friday 12- Sunday 14th October ,2012 ) I was looking for a resort that dealt with the environment and with nature, that offers the peace and tranquil for me and for my significant other . I look and I saw the Footprints Eco Resort and I told my self this is the best birthday gift I could give him. My boyfriend was blown away from the time we entered the compound , the peace and the stillness of the atmosphere, our villa was spectacular, has rustic it was it added a touch of home, we could not want anything better. Well the food ahhhhh so beautifully done by the chef , from the Friday night up to the day we left which was the Sunday our food was well seasoned and well prepared by Mrs Mia who was the chef. Mr. Ali assisted us in all ways possible .Time stood still there and we enjoy our stay I would recommend this resort to anyone that is looking for peace and tranquil , for the nature lover you will be in your glee and guess what the prices are so reasonable I was blown away by all that was offered for that price. I would be back and when I do I hope it would be along with my bf and with the sound of little pitter patter of feet :)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Diana Dee Dee B
Tobago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Our two day stay at Footprints, was exactly what we needed ... peace and quiet, no hustle and bustle.

We stayed in King of the Woods villa, as most people have said in their reviews don't expect 5 star accommodation. We were satisfied, but the whole place needs a little tender loving care. The bathrooms need a complete refurb, showers didn't work properly and the shower curtains are disgusting and way to long, so sit in the bottom of the bath. The kitchens were well fitted, but the sides of the fridge were full of black mildew ... attention to detail is required. Bins in the kitchen need lids on, and tee-towels need to be supplied.

The staff are very friendly and as we were the only guests staying, we had dinner both nights delivered to our villa.

Our two small boys enjoyed the pool with jaccuzi, but again a little cleaning and updating of the pool is needed.

We were a little wary of the lack of security, and the front door wasn't that secure - again a little attention is needed here.

All in all we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Felicia_Emma
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Don't expect the ritz carlton.

It is an eco resort and tucked away in a nature reserve.

If you want peace and quiet, away from everything, this is for you.

I stayed in a nice self contained cabin overlooking the ocean 10 years ago for my honeymoon and recently returned for my anniversary

private pool and jacuzzi

food is great

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank WestIndian4ever
caribbean
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

I stayed at footprints for 3 nights, it was so peaceful and very nature oriented. I stayed at the tobago monarch villa which had its own private pool and jacuzzi overlooking the ocean. The sunsets were amazing!!! If you're not a nature lover you may not enjoy it as much, but i'd definitely recommend this place to everyone....a great escape indeed!!!

Room Tip: The Tobago Monarch has it's own private pool and jacuzzi
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Mount Irvine
Naturalist Beach Resort
Naturalist Beach Resort
#2 of 11 in Castara

Been to Footprints Eco Resort? Share your experiences!