Blue Waters Inn
Blue Haven Hotel(Bacolet Bay)
US$148
US$140
US$215
US$120
US$112
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort(Lowlands)(Great Value!)
US$333
US$229
US$320
US$287
US$135
Acajou Hotel(Grande Riviere)
US$155
Travelocity
Mt Plaisir Estate Hotel(Grande Riviere)
US$170
  • Beachfront
All reviewsgoat islanddive shopnewton georgebird watchingtobago islandfishscuba divingglass bottom boatangel reefsecluded bayinfinity poolbird lifedive masterpirates baygames roomrum punchother end of the island
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Since the refurbishment this hotel has certainly raised its game....Ronald Brookes the GM runs a fabulous hotel..in an idyllic setting..The rooms are lovely ....peaceful....great bathrooms!!. and you can see and hear the sea from the balcony ...so very relaxing,
If you dont fancy the sea there is an infinity pool looking out onto the ocean.... water sports and very well run dive centre with high safety standards.The restaurant has a relatively new chef who makes some delicious meals and will cater to individual tastes/needs..the staff are very welcoming and do their best to accommodate. One evening i didnt fancy sitting in the restaurant and although room service isnt advertised my meal was sent up to my room ...
There is a pontoon to swim out to and a long jetty with sunbeds at the end..the view from there is breathtaking...
i have visited twice in the last 3 months and we have booked for Christmas...and cant wait !

Room Tip: The balcony rooms have a great view and are quiet as no one walks by
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Liz G
Paul S, Marketing Manager at Blue Waters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

We are really happy that you have booked again and look forward to welcoming you back in December. The hotel has come a long way in the past 2 years and is now we believe one of the finest on the island. Hope your next visit will be just as memorable.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My boyfriend carried me their for my bday in July 2013, where even my bed was artistically decorated with Fig leaves of Happy Birthday to add to my day. From the friendly and attentive staff to the complimentary 24hrs hot beverages, to the immaculate bedrooms and spacious bathrooms to the temperature change of the cooling room of the AC. Lunch was to die for My boyfriend had a stew pork with dumplings and provisions while I had a Fish fillet wraps in Tamarind Sauce, alongside fries and toss salad. Breakfast was nice of fruits, cereal and main course. Dinner was not really my cup of tea, but Dessert was really tasty. Ice cream and cake. Activities were endless, playing pool, lawn tennis, basketball, going kayaking was an adventure, my first time that ventured so far out.....it was scary but fun.. My bf was d back paddler to the back of the kayak, he was more experienced though and made it enjoyable. We watched tv, did a hiking trail a good view to see the entire oceanfront. Cocktails quenched my thirst and filled me up.... It was Delicious... We had a blast and hope to return soon. A special thanks to Erica, Stacy and Rae-anna for making our stay a delightful one. Though we didn't venture to the pool nor the Jacuzzi, the beach was enjoyable. A birthday of soothing memories in Paradise. Long Drive.....we used a public transportation so we got a bit of sightseeing done on the communities we passed by and we walked the rest in on a sloping hill...where I almost lost balance cuz the sun was so hot..lol. Staff through out was friendly. Enjoyable stay.! Can't wait to go back......!!! In the Heart of Nature and so Serene.

Room Tip: Beachfront/Oceanview rooms are beautiful especially when they display sunsets and sunrises.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Paul S, Marketing manager at Blue Waters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

We are so pleased you two had such a great stay at Blue Waters Inn and thank you for posting your thoughts and memories on Tripadvisor. When you need another break from the day to day come back and chill out at Blue Waters Inn - you know where to find us!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

My wife and I honeymooned here last April and it was beyond our expectations. The management staff was helpful in difficulties we had regarding the airline and our luggage. The rooms are 15 feet from the crystal clear waters of the bay between the resort and little Tobago.

The waitstaff and particularly the head chef, Jason, were fantastic. He even prepare whole tuna that I caught earlier in the day for our dinner that night. You can regularly see fishermen bring in the days catch in the afternoon and find it on the menu that night.

The bartender Kim stayed open late for us just about every night. (We are not big drinkers but the crowd at the hotel during our stay averaged 65 and were early to bed early to rise.)

Anything we needed or even hinted at needing we were provided with promptly.

There is only 1 restaurant so dining options may seem a but limited, but every meal we ate all week was above expectations.

I suggest a late night trip to the end of the scuba dock with a cocktail and a lounge chair for anyone needing up unwind.

Last but not least, anyone needing to be shown around town ask for Andy Orr. He was our taxi service from the airport and is an absolutely fantastic person and knowledgle tour guide. He took us to a nature trail that ended at a secluded waterfall. He also knows 97% of the people that we came into contact with and had we not met him I wouldn't have been able to try the best Roti on the island or been aware of Doubles. Both are an absolute must have for anyone bordering on foodie status.

Any pictures provided do not do this place the proper justice of its natural surrounding beauty.

We will go back.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Jasontrocki
Paul S, Marketing Manager at Blue Waters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

We are so grateful you chose Blue Waters Inn for your honeymoon, and that you both had a wonderful stay here. Even by Caribbean standards our rooms are right by the sea / beach - it would be hard to get any closer to the sea without getting wet!! For those wanting to get away from it all then our special location on the edge of Speyside with the rainforest close by and the off shore islands perfect for snorkelling and diving is just the ticket. You can certainly relax very hard here at Blue Waters Inn. Many thanks for your review.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We enjoyed our stay here - the rooms were lovely. My daughter and children had a bungalow. It consisted of two large en suite double bedrooms and a huge kitchen diner/living room. The kitchen was brilliantly equipped although we ate at the restaurant. The living room had a comfortable settee. armchairs and lots of space to relax. The bungalow was adjacent to the beach so the children could easily go outside and play.
Our room was a large room which was also adjacent to the beach. I could not fault the accommodation as it was lovely.
Food was good and reasonably varied. I think it could have been improved if breakfast was a complete buffet system - if you want cooked breakfast then you had to order it. This was OK but it seemed to cause problems if you wanted any variation.
We didn't want to travel around so the fact that it's quite isolated wasn't a problem.
There are small canoes available for the children and a deck which you can swim out to. The beach is clean and sea warm and calm.
You can obtain various boat trips to snorkel and a dive centre if you're interested in diving.
There are walks close by if you want to explore and you don't need a guide to do this.
Staff are helpful.
One thing which I thought was not good practice was that when we arrived the Receptionist was very busy. We were asked to write our Credit Card number, together with the three digit number on the reverse of the card, on a sheet of paper which had other personal details on it. We were then asked to sign it. (I assume this was so she could input it later when she was less busy). I would not do this so it was agreed to put it on line without having the details written down. While it's common practice to ask for credit card details when you check in at hotels, I have never been asked to write these details down as it's quite unsafe practice.
Also, you need to leave enough time when checking out to check your final bill as there were a number of mistakes on ours so you need to be alert to potential errors.
We did enjoy our holiday here though and we would come back. It's peaceful and rooms are comfortable and the location was great.

Room Tip: The bungalow rooms and bungalows are best. The original Inn buildings look nice but the bungalow and bungalow rooms are really comfortable and in a quieter location.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Indira
Paul S, Marketing Manager at Blue Waters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Sounds like you guys had a great time at Blue Waters Inn. We are delighted everything went so well and that you truly had a memorable stay. We don't profess to be perfect but it seems on this occasion the team on property really made this a fantastic holiday. Jason and the kitchen team are getting lots of positive feedback and where possible we will buy fish off the local fishermen in the afternoon and have it on guests plates in the evening. Hope we might welcome you back again one day.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. Loved the view of the ocean and the proximity to it. I will be returning, just not looking forward to the long drive there. If you love travelling then you will love the drive there since there are many sights to see. My only downfall was the many mosquitoes, so make sure and walk with your repellent. Overall it was a fantastic stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Paul S, Marketing Manager at Blue Waters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review of Blue Waters Inn, Tobago. We do have a lovely spot here in Speyside away from the main resort areas of the island with perfect sea views across to Goat Island and Little Tobago. Airport transfers usually take and hour and 15 minutes but view this as part of the holiday experience and get to see a large chunk of the island on route to us. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back some day (with your insect replant!).