We certainly had a pleasant week at Blue Waters Inn. The place is calm and relaxed, and provided some much needed heat and sunshine. In general we are pleased with the place and could imagine coming back sometime. That notwithstanding there were, however, some aspects that might be worth mentioning:
o This is a "three star" facility, do not expect five star performance.
o The location is pretty isolated. It is a fifteen minute brisk walk to the closest village, which provides only very minimal service at best.
o There was no telephone in the room, but they did provide a preprogrammed cell phone for emergency use.
o There is no fridge in the room.
- The WiFi was freee (good!), but worked intermittently and was relatively slow.
- Some of the staff could benefit from a customer relations course.
- I would rate the dinner as overpriced (there was no local competition).
- We did not got beach towels until the second day (probably a one-time slip-upp only).
- There was no mini-safe in the room, you had to deposit valuables centrally with the reception.
The general impression was still clearly positive, though, and some things worth mentioning here are:
+ The rooms were adequate and very clean.
+ The lunch, served in the bar/restaurant, was adequately priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With just 38 guest rooms and bungalows, Blue Waters Inn sits in 42 acres of tropical gardens directly on the beach at Batteaux Bay, Speyside, Tobago. Getting to us takes approximately 85 minutes from the airport. Speyside is super relaxed with quick access to the Main Ridge rainforest and the key underwater sites of the island. Twitchers and divers / snorkellers are very well catered for and the hotel is perfect for those wishing to simply switch off and enjoy the hotels tranquil location. The beach shelves gently and is considered safe for bathing. Lay by the pool or in the open air jacuzzi and admire the view across Batteaux Bay towards Bird Island and Little Tobago in the near distance. Learn to dive at our 5 star PADI dive centre complete with 2 Newton dive boats or explore the rainforest with one of the local guides. All our rooms are air-conditioned and face the sea. Most offer fabulous sea views and are only a few steps from the sand. The One and Two Bungalows are bigger and offer either one or two bedrooms. These are located a few steps from the beach have a patio. Deluxe Oceanview Studios are also very spacious and have an open plan kitchen / living room. Inter-connecting rooms are available for families needing more space. The fabulous Driftdeck offers dining alfresco with views straight out across the bay whilst the more elegant "Aqua" offers fine cuisine two or more nights per week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Blue Waters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Hotel Northeast Coast
- Blue Waters Inn Tobago