Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Matt M

Couple Trip Success

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Feb 2022
This was our stay whilst we went for a job interview in the area - the ladies who run this could not have been more helpful - the food and service was excellent (my wife is vegan and they did everything to accommodate)

My German I snot amazing but they spoke good English and really were very welcoming - Cannot recommend these guys enough!

PS: We got the job ;-)
426.0 miles from Reck`s Hotel-Restaurant
Exterior
426.4 miles from Reck`s Hotel-Restaurant
View more hotels in Salem
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2017

We stayed here for 3 days for our son's wedding and every aspect of our stay was superb. Rooms were charming, super clean and everything worked flawlessly with great views over the gardens. The hotel itself is charming and excellent indoor and outdoor dining areas. The food is deservedly award winning, they catered the wedding reception dinner and it was outstanding with a beautiful presentation Internet was free and reasonably fast. Didn't make it to gym/spa. Service was also first class. Both ladies especially the dark haired one spoke fluent English and they were overly helpful and always making sure we had what we needed. Overall we give this rating a 5. Highly recommended, would love to stay here again!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2016

We stayed there only one night and had dinner in their restaurant (15 of us!). The whole place -including the rooms- is very tastefully decorated. The food was excellent and the room very comfortable. Seems to be run by 2 sisters, one welcoming us and waiting on us at the dinner table - she spoke perfect English - and the other sister, talented cook in the kitchen. Had an excellent stay there, nearly at the end of our cycling tour around Lake Constance.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2015

Staff was very friendly.
Food in the restaurant is very good and some of the staff even speak French.
Breakfast is ok and there are fresh fruits available.
But my room did not get cleaned on the second day and I did not like that. Not sure if it was because the restaurant is closed on Wednesday so they have less cleaning personal. But even like that the hotel did not seem full so an effort could be made.
Gardens outside are very nice.

Wifi did not work in my room on the second floor

Room tip: Wifi does not work on the room in the second floor
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2014

I stayed here for 3 days for a family event and every aspect of my stay was superb. Rooms were cheerful, super clean and everything worked flawlessly with great views over the gardens. The hotel itself is charming with cosy bar area and excellent indoor and outdoor dining areas. The food is deservedly award winning and every meal we had was well presented and delicious and they managed to prepare vegetarian dishes on short notice for the fussier amongst us. Internet was free and reasonably fast. Didn't make it to gym/spa. Very well located a 30 second walk from the train station though no discernible traffic noise at any time. Service was also first rate. Overall 5 star service and food in a 3 star building. Highly recommended

Room tip: Any room overlooking the garden highly recommended or rooms on first floor with direct garden access
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank HKTom888
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I have stayed here so many times over the past two years that I wanted to let you know what to expect. I gave Hotel Recks a average review because I have had some good stays and bad stays so when it averages out it is average.

This is a family owned very small hotel close to Uberlingen and Salem. The staff are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. They take the time to learn what you like and then always make sure to have that when you stay there.The restaurant is the best part with some of the freshest best food I have ever had in Germany!

The good: prices are extremely low, I think the average price per room is under 100 Euro. The rooms are clean with many having great views of the countryside.

The so-so: rooms are very hit or miss with some being very small (I had one bathroom so small I didn't have room for my toilertries and the toilet was literally right next to the shower. I have also had bug issues with two different stays having beetles and spiders sharing the room with me. Sorry nothing grosses me out more than bugs!

Also make sure to ask for a room with elevator access because some don't and the stairway to the rooms is pretty steep. If you are tall as I am make sure to ask for a double bed because the twon beds are so small my feet hang off the bed.

If you are sensitive to cigarette smoke as I am make sure to ask for a room away from there upstairs patio smoking areas. My last room was next to this and with no air condition at all I had my windows opened with smoke coming into my room. I don't think any of the hotels in this area have air conditioning though.

The best rooms I have found are there corner rooms like #6 which are bigger than the rest. The staff is the reason I don't give them a lower rating because no matter what happens they always try to make sure to fix the issue and to help you have a great stay. As I said though the hotel is very hit or miss for the rooms.....

Room tip: Ask for a corner room like #6 which is more modern and bigger than the rest. Note there is no air conditioning in the hotel. If sensitive to cigarette smoke ask for a room away from there outdoor smoking areas. Please note not all rooms have access via the elevator so many rooms have only access through steep stairway. Make restaurant reservation because many times they are fully booked for dinner.
Date of stay: July 2012