“My Tobago get-a-way”

Viola's Place
Couva, Trinidad
“My Tobago get-a-way”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family and I stayed at Violas Place in July, 2014. The apartment was clean and cosy, the staff were pleasant and very helpful. We have no regrets staying here. My son enjoyed the pool so much that he didnt want to go touring anywhere else lol. The only problem we had was the poor signal on the cable. I'll be going back on my next vacation :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ria488

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We should have consulted trip advisor reviews before confirming our stay here. Problems with plumbing, and sewage smell, check. We also got the room in which the fridge did not work (obviously not addressed since this seemed to happen to us too).. Check. Poor plumbing (check) causing a flooded out bedroom (turning on a pipe in the main bathroom caused another tap to turn on hence the flooding! in the bedroom). The smell of mould, check. Poor lighting,check. No privacy at the pool - people from the roadway can see the pool. Noisy hangout spot at the supermarket opposite was not fun for us here especially in apartment #1. We could hear everything going on in the room upstairs next to ours. Long story short. NEVER AGAIN!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Louise B

Travellers are raving about these Lowlands hotels

Trinidad
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here over the carnival weekend.
Likes:
King size bed and kids bed
General room space was great
Walking out to the pool (closes at 10pm)
Nearby grocery,bakery (across the road)
Lounge chairs
Swing outside
Lines to hang wet clothes outdoors
Ac,utensils, safe,iron and ironing board, hangers,microwave

Dislikes:
Families staying in other rooms started playing their music loud from early in the morning until late at nights.
Lots of people were diving into The pool making it unsafe for kids to enjoy.
No windows in rooms
Fridge did not work and we were given an ice box to store things in.
Room service came once out of the 4days.
Small bathroom
Poor signal on cable TV.
There is enough parking available however, other guest parked badly causing us to have to park on the road.

The place is decent however, some rules can help make it better,for eg, no loud music before a certain time. A security guard can be present to ensure guests make use of the parking space in a better manner etc.

• Stayed March 2014
7 Thank samsamskye
San Fernando, Trinidad
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed in apartments 1 and 2 on the top floor overlooking the pool for a week over the new year and what a wonderful stay it was, they greeted us with a bottle of wine on our first night. The rooms were well kept, clean and spacious, house keepers kept coming every morning to make up beds and change towels etc, which was a big plus, and were very pleasant and courteous, the staff at the front desk was very helpful and considerate, a special thanks to Fayola (spelling) she was very helpful, even after we left for home and on realizing that one of our kids forget their iPads, they arranged to have it sent back to us in Trinidad. If that was not good service then.......
They also have a nice bar-b-que area at the back of the building but we did not get a chance to try out, maybe on our next visit. There is a good sized grocery next door which is a big plus also for Viola's making it easy and convenient for the guests.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank vbs2001
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was not my first stay at Viola's. Each stay has been a pleasant experience, with very pleasant, courteous staff. Very convenient with a supermarket across the road, the mall not too far away and a wonderful little bakery just down the street.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Just a word of advice to the management, be sure and inspect all aspects of the room regularly, change the cutlery holders in the draws regularly and ensure that all of the burners on the stoves actually work.

There is wifi at the hotel, but it only works if you sit in the lobby or on the hallway outside of the room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Jamila D
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I made a last minute trip to Tobago with my family to visit my cousin who was working there. He was staying at this hotel and I asked him to find out if we could have been accommodated and for a rental car. The gentleman at the desk quickly arranged for the car to be dropped off at the hotel and a room was given next to the one occupied by my cousin. The service at the front desk was absolutely efficient, friendly, accommodating and very helpful. The rooms were clean, the ambiance was nice and location was fantastic. From the hotel you could get to any part of Tobago.. 10 mins from the port maybe 15 mins to the airport. I enjoyed my stay!!

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms have two rooms one for a living/dining room with refrigerator, microwave and well...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank danielle b
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Awful, Awful, Awful experience. If you wish to be meeted with disrespectful, uncourteous and nothing short but horrible customer service, then this is the place to stay. The establishment has no set policy, so if you decide to cancel and not stay there a full refund isn't given and explained on the premise of a non existant policy

I have never had such an horrendous experience ever and would never recommend anyone to even consider this place for even a nanosecond

Apart from the blatant rude management and staff, the place is rundown, moldy and undesirable. Its impossible to hide my utter dissatisfaction. I can only wish I was exaggerating but I'm not

• Stayed March 2013
6 Thank cmohamed10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowlands
Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort
Miller's Guest House
Miller's Guest House
#8 of 92 in Tobago
Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort

Been to Viola's Place? Share your experiences!