“Awful Experience”
Review of Viola's Place

Viola's Place
Reviewed 2 September 2007

I'm not one to critisize, but I must say that my stay at Viola's Place was defintely the worst vacation experience I've ever had. To start my family and I had rented 2 large rooms since there was 11 of us going. When we arrived however, they had over booked or made some kind of error and placed us all in the samllest of the family rooms they had. Given this huge mistake, we expected to get some kind of reduction in price or some other thing to make up for this inconvenience. None came however and to top it all off, they said that they actually wanted to raise our price because more people were staying in the small room than allowed. Of course at this, my family and I were outraged.

Besides the pricing issue, on the second morning of our stay we awoke to having no electricity. The power had cut off during the night and all of the air conditoning had shut off causing us all to wake up in the ectreme heat of Tobago. There was also a problem with the plumbing at one point. None of the toilets would flush and the showers were also out of order.

Altogether that was an absolutely horrid trip and I truly wouldn't recommend staying there to anyone. It was very inconvenient and not close to being worth the money we were forced to pay for it.
I DO NOT recommend "Viola's Place" to anyone who would want to have a fun and carefree vacation.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank RBan

Reviewed 10 February 2006

If you want a very clean well run apartment in a convenient location and away from the heavily developed Crown Point area then Violas is what you are looking for. An excellently maintained apartment overlooking a lovely pool. Easy access to a supermarket, fruit and veg and a bakery opposite the apartments. The staff and owners are superb and friendly and can arrange anything on the island with ease . Security is good and I would personally feel much safer there than in a villa. If you want an exotic location then off the main highway may not suit but access to local transport and cheap(for Tobago) car hire could not be easier.I would recommend it to anyone .Prices are reasonable and you get a lot of local knowledge from the personal attention.

• Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank usafirsttimer
A TripAdvisor Member
Trinidad
Reviewed 2 January 2006

Viola's Place is truly home away from home,with air conditioned rooms and cable,with friendly staff the service is impeccable.Facilities include a restaurant which serves fresh delicious food and a swimming pool.
I throughly enjoyed my stay,truly a piece of paradise.

Stayed: December 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, MA
Reviewed 30 March 2004

Hotel: Viola's PlaceI rate this accomodation as excellent. There were two couples sharing the 2 bedroom apartment/resort house. Full kitchen, 3 bathrooms, upstairs and downstaris bedroom/bath. Supermarket was directly accross the street. Cable TV. There was a drive to the beach and airport about 15min. There is a pool on grounds. I would highly reccomend this place, Nice relaxing atomoshphere. I would definately stay there again. Must recommend the glass bottom boats/ nilen pool. the water is very beautiful. I took this trip during carnival time in Trinidad. My first time to Tobago. EXCELLENT.

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowlands
Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort
#7 of 92 in Tobago
Candles in the Wind
Candles in the Wind
#2 of 20 in Crown Point

Been to Viola's Place? Share your experiences!