The hotel itself was very good. Good room, great service, very clean and friendly place.
However, we would probably not return because we felt very isolated in this area. It costs about $18 to get ANYWHERE outside of the hotel, which makes going out for dinner, lunch or a day trip very costly. I
It would make a huge difference if the hotel offered shuttles to Crown Point. Another minus is that the beach here isn't good for swimming. The hotel does have shuttles to a better beach (Pigeon Point) but it's not the same as being able to go to the beach right outside your room.
Also - the food was not very good. Very mediocre, even at the Fine Dining restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new, 4 Star, Magdalena Grand Beach Resort is located on Tobago Plantations Estate, a 750 acre gated community, and offers 178 Deluxe OceanFront Rooms and 22 One and Two Bedroom Suites. All accommodations are Ocean Front with private balconies. This beachfront resort offers an 18-hole PGA Golf Course, its own Dive Center, Spa, and the largest amount of banquet & meeting space on Tobago. Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vhl Tobago Golf And Spa Resort
- Vhl Tobago Golf Hotel Lowlands
- Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort Tobago/Lowlands