We were a bit dubious about the distance from Crowne Point area( by the Pigeon Point nature reserve and the best beaches)- but our reservations soon melted away as we explored the lovely hotel gorgeous rooms and fab ploys views of the crashing Atlantic right by the hotel.
The free shuttle runs twice in the morning and twice back in the afternoon to the Carribean beaches about 15/20 mins depending on how many detours the driver takes!
You never worry about taxis for nights out etc. as the hotel gets them for you and you have the same driver pick you back up on return. Everyone is smiling and friendly. It's real laid back. Very little nightlife- but oh, try 'Sunday School'( street parties) every Sunday night. Breakfast buffet is very good, can't speak for dinner ( which we thought expensive and ate either in the on site pub or out in Crowne Point). Loved it! Going back early next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new, 4 Star, Magdalena Grand Beach Resort is located on Tobago Plantations Estate, a 750 acre gated community, and offers 178 Deluxe OceanFront Rooms and 22 One and Two Bedroom Suites. All accommodations are Ocean Front with private balconies. This beachfront resort offers an 18-hole PGA Golf Course, its own Dive Center, Spa, and the largest amount of banquet & meeting space on Tobago. Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vhl Tobago Golf And Spa Resort
- Vhl Tobago Golf Hotel Lowlands
- Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort Tobago/Lowlands