“GRATEFUL ! !!!”

Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lowlands
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I just came back from this magnificent hotel excellent service, great food, immaculate rooms, beautiful ocean front picturesque view. During my stay there however my husband became ill it was night time and I had no idea what to do MS. TENICIA SAMMY immediately assumed responsibility and took charge of everything, she ensured that the ambulance came and secured all my belongings as I rushed to hospital, she also called me all night long to ensure that everything was ok as I had no other family with me, she even made arrangements with a taxi to pick me up at the hospital. I am eternally grateful to her for all the care and attention she gave to us in our time of need. Also a special thanks goes out to Ricado who assisted my husband earlier that day.

Another super thank you goes out to ADANA TAYLOR who made our first dinner a true "grand" experience, my sinuses acted up and I was unable to move back and forth and she attended to my every need and brought everything to my table I didn't have to do a thing excellent service.

With service this "grand" I would recommend this hotel to everyone its a definate must visit, by far one of the best places I have ever visited and a "must be" if you plan on a Tobago visit! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Rachael N, Director of Sales at Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We understand how troubling it can be during difficult circumstances to be away from home and familiar faces. Our team was only too happy to lend the assistance needed during your time of need.
We continue to wish your husband a speedy recovery and hope that we can welcome you both soon again.
If there is anything we can do to be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
We remain at your service.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We have just returned from the Magdalena Grand Resort, we were at the resort for 7 nights then flew to Trinidad for a few days, coming back for three more days before flying home, the hotel made this change very easy for us, the reception staff were charming and helpful, particularly Hollis who was always cheerful and very efficient.
We have been many times to this lovely island, but this was the first time in several years we thought it may have changed, to our delight it is still as unspoilt. Having read some of the negative reviews, from people staying at the Magdalena while we were there, I think perhaps they were in the wrong place, this is not a sophisticated island, it is an unspoilt paradise for wildlife lovers, or those that just. want to explore, we rented a car there is so much beauty round every corner, empty Sandy beaches fringed with palms, the new coca plantation is worth a visit, lunch at Jenny's tree House, go to the Argyle falls, drive across to the other side of the island, just as beautiful but different, and then come back to the Magdalena, it really began to feel like home, it is well looked after, rooms excellent all with stunning sea views, clean everywhere. Their all inclusive offer gives a choice of restaurants so there is always so something to suit your mood, true the service is sometimes a little slow, this is Tobago nobody is in a hurry just sit back enjoy the beautiful setting, swim in the pool, try the great cocktails and you will love it, do like the locals do chill out and enjoy.

Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest,

Every so often we receive a review that truly brings a smile to our faces. Your was such a review. We are delighted that you had the opportunity to not only enjoy the island in all it's beauty, but to also appreciate it's natural charm, our culture, and our people.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and the rest of the world.
We certainly hope to welcoming soon again to our little island paradise.

Sunny wishes until then!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My Family just returned from our third visit at Magdalena Resort. Indeed once again I cannot say anything negative about my trip. From the time we arrived to the time to check out was very memorable and welcoming. The room was tidy and presentable, our view from room 175 was breathtaking. The breakfast was SUPER DUPER. The service was excellent. . The food in the Pembois Buffet was excellent, and the service impeccable. I must mention Ms Ramkissoon, she was so pleasant and polite. This has been my 3rd visit since December 2013 and it would not be my last. I look forward of telling my relatives and friends about Magdalena because its money worth spending. Take it from me you wont have no regrets visiting this beautiful resort. In the past I have visited many resorts in Tobago and some were great and others were of poor taste but Magdalena Beats them all with their excellent service, courteous staff and cleanliness. Keep up the great work in making my visit every time better and better. I look forward to my next visit, hopefully soon.....

Room Tip: Rooms on the Northern side are much better, or rooms closer to the main lobby area.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ZahirAli2014

Dear Mr Ali,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us on Trip Advisor.

It is always a delight to be of service to you and your family. We will be sure to pass along your kind compliments to Ms Ramkissoon and the rest of the time.

We look forward to welcoming you soon again!

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Good stay, rooms were clean and comfortable. Buffet dinner on first night was much better than the 'so called' fine dining restaurant. Finger foods at the bar was decent. Free transportation to pigeon point beach daily. Pool clean and accommodating. Will not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Raj R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

It was truly a pleasure to be of service and we look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Arrived for a 3 day visit to celebrate my mother's birthday. The staff were warm, friendly and professional. Rooms are comfortable, and the service is good.
Few minor inconveniences which were handled immediately by the staff.
The food in the Kali'na restaurant was excellent, and the service impeccable.
Particular thanks to Ricardo, Renate and Hans for the welcome and the extra touches that made it very special.

My only disappointment was that Salaka has changed their menu, and a (marvellous) dish that I had enjoyed at a previous visit was no longer available. Oh well, I just need to find a new favourite :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SonjaCr
Rachael N, Director of Sales at Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your reviews with us. It was our pleasure to be of service and we certainly look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Our menus change every so often to keep things interesting. We hope that you were able to find a new favorite.

Sunny wishes from Tobago,

Reviewed 22 February 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 week holiday at this resort. 4th-18th Feb. It was our first experience of the Carribean and can honestly say it was brilliant from start to finish. There were some issues with the service in the restaurants being slow, but we were on holiday and really time didn't matter that much. Valerie, who seemed to be in charge was particularly helpful and very very pleasant. The chefs also were lovely people and Kiev who was the Chef for the BBQ at lunchtimes went out of his way to make sure you enjoyed your lunch.The hotel staff were all very friendly. In fact we had only been there a day and the Duty Manager called our room to ask us if we were happy with everything, and on another occasion she stopped us in the lobby to enquire about our holiday.

The room we were allocated was on the ground floor and looked out on to a grassy area with the ocean beyond. Our room was made up everyday and towels were changed also every day. We only had one problem with the water pressure and this was resolved within 10 minutes. The pool area was beautiful and we didn't have to battle everyday for a sun bed. Plenty to go around. It was a little windy, with being on the Atlantic side, however this didn't spoil it for us, in fact it was quite refreshing to have a good breeze as it would have been very hot otherwise. We hired a car for 4 days from a Company called "Lady in Red". Nice car, fully automatic, and we went to do a bit of sight seeing for ourselves, calling in at Englishman's Bay on the Carribean side for a swim. BEAUTIFUL! We also took our golf clubs with us and enjoyed two rounds of golf on the resort. Our golf wasn't great but the course was very challenging and enjoyable.

If I were to be a little critical, the only thing which I found annoying was that all the waitress's took plates away from the table before both parties had finished eating. ie they took mine away when I had finished, but my Husband was still eating. Plus although we were all inclusive we were given the bill to sign before we had completed our meal. Small matter really, because all in all our holiday was superb and we would certainly revisit Magdelana Beach.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Gill M

Dear Valued Guest,

It was truly a delight to read your comment and we wish to thank you for taking the time to share your reviews with us.

Too often visitors forget that they are on vacation and negelect to appreciate the beauty of the island and the culture of the people. Part of our charm is our ability to relax and enjoy life, leaving behind the hussle and bussle of the city life. It is also wonderful that you were able to explore the island and visit one of the most romantic beaches in the world, Englishman's Bay, as listed by one popular television show on A&E.

It's also great that you had a chance to enjoy our newly renovated golf course. It is indeed a challenging one. Hopefully on your next visit you would have better luck out there.

Thank you for comments and assisting us in improving our services to our guests. We will ensure your feedback as passed along to the team, and that our waitresses are reminded of the procedures. Unfortunately the signing of the bills is something that is required for our internal processes, however these bills are never charged to your room as an all-inclusive guest.

We certainly look forward to being of service to you in the near future and to welcoming you once again to our side of paradise.

Sunny wishes from Tobago,

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Just got back from a one week stay, bed & breakfast only, 10 - 17 Feb. We chose the Magdalena because of its location in the quiet Tobago Plantations. We were very pleased with the warm welcome from reception, and with our lovely big room with a view of the palm-fringed beach from the balcony. The breakfast buffet was delicious every morning, as was the evening buffet, which we tried a couple of times. As a couple of avid bird-watchers, we were delighted, and enchanted with the huge grounds of the hotel, in which we counted 53 bird species, as well as numerous lizards, butterflies, beautiful wild flowers and, of course, the resident caimens! The hotel has complimentary bicycles which helped us to get around to all the best bird locations on site, and when we weren't out and about on the island, we spent many happy hours nature-watching in the hotel grounds. All the hotel staff were really charming and helpful, and we are already planning a return trip next year.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on 3rd floor with a balcony overlooking the sea, which was lovely & private...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your reviews with us.

Tobago is truly a bird watcher's paradise and we are delighted that you had the opportunity to experience this side of our island.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you soon again!

Sunny wishes,
Magdalena Grand

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowlands
Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort
Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort
Grafton Beach Resort
Grafton Beach Resort
#2 of 2 in Black Rock

Been to Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!