Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Blue Haven Hotel(Bacolet Bay)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Acajou Hotel(Grande Riviere)
View Hotel
Mt Plaisir Estate Hotel(Grande Riviere)
  • Beachfront
1,520 results
All reviewsatlantic sidethe fine dining restaurantrobinson crusoepigeon pointpiano barmain poolevening buffettobago plantationssalaka grillfree shuttlemagdalena grandhalf boardocean frontswim up bartennis courtsall inclusive packagelocal dishes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed here at the Magdalena for my anniversary in early March and I must say it was absolutely fantastic. Although some of the reception staff are not so 'warm' as you'd hope them to be, I must highly commend Avalon for showing genuine interest in the clients and going the extra mile to ensure their comfort. Emmanuel (Food & Beverage) deserves some praise for his customer service skills as well. Both these young men are assets to the organisation.
The food at every restaurant was very tasty, so much so that my toddler daughter ate far much more than she usually does at home! It was refreshing to stay at a resort with so much space (greens and ocean) in view.
There was a slight mix-up in our rooms when we arrived, and although it was not an issue for us, management offered us some complementary treats as some form of compensation.
Both my husband and I (and I guess to some extent my daughter) was very impressed with this resort and concluded that we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Na D
Rachael N, Director of Sales at Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your reviews with us.

It was indeed delightful to hear that even your toddler daughter enjoyed our Chef's dishes! We hope she also loved the kidsplay park and kids club. As you know, kids are very important guests to us!

Thank you for also mentioning our team members, we are quite proud of them and will be certain to pass along your message.

We look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Until then, warm wishes from Tobago!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

on check in date water went while I was in the shower with soap all over, took over an hour and multiple calls to F desk before they sent 5 small bottles of water for me- I still haven't received an apology/courtesy. towels are old and very rough to touch. room maintainance is always late, over the four days I was there the free coffee/tea and toiletries were replenished one time. bathroom walls were sticky on check in, had to buy my own cleaning wipes to make the bathroom and toilet usable.
front desk check is slow and kinda unaware of whats going on. average time to have room service dishes and garbage removed from outside your room door is 2 days.
I asked to have a working iron to replace the one in the room and it never came.

food and beverage staff is good especially breakfast and the pool bar.

thankfully Tobago is beautiful and It helped me to maintain my sanity after choosing this hotel.

this hotel obviously was a great hotel in previous years, unfortunately now the service and upkeep is horrible and only a matter of time before the facilities go downhill as well, due to poor maintainance. in my opinion it is now a very overpriced hotel for the service it offers.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Gerard R

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate that you took the time to share your reviews with us.

We are truly sorry for the inconveniences caused during your stay. Letters were in fact sent to all our guest rooms informing them of the water problem and that the issue was beyond our control as it stemed from the local authorities. Our team worked very hard to ensure that a constant supply of water was delivered to the resort during this island-wide situation.

Our management team have reviewed your feedback and we would like to ensure you that steps are being taken to improve our services.

We do hope that we would have another opportunity to be of service to you and to provide you with a truly memorable experience.

Warm wishes,

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and i recently visited the beautiful Magdalena Grand hotel...It was an amazing experience. OMG it was AMAZING. Great service. I must say hats off to Reneil from the Maintenance dept..We requested for a cart to pick us up from our room but they were taking a while because the hotel was very busy. We saw him passing by and informed him. He said that he would be right back but we payed him no mind. Minutes later he arrived personally with the six seat cart which wasn't his job to take us to our destination. That is what you call SERVICE!.....The food was great also with a wide variety to choose from including local cuisine....there were three beautiful pools to choose from and also the wonderful beach if you feel like taking a dip or a stroll along the sand. All in all it was great. Definitely will be back soon......

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review!
It was certainly a pleasure to be of service to you.
We also appreciate that you took the time to provide us with the name of our team members who went the extra mile to ensure your stay was a memorable one. We will be sure to pass along your comments to him.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My family and I have a great time ,and any time we stay at this hotel. The staff is great to name is few Misty and Camille. keep up the great work. My kids love it and all the pools and the view is amazing.
The spa was so heavenly and we cant wait to return next month for easter weekend.
I love tobago and its people.
I have had the best service ever from all the staff to name Ms. Robin you are great and keep up the hard work.
Thank you and see you soon toabgo.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Rachael N, Director of Sales at Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure to read your review. We always appreciate our past guests taking the time out of their busy day to share with us and the rest of the world their experience at Magdalena Grand.

Thank you for also mentioning our team members. We will be sure to pass along your kind compliments to those mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you for Easter!

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2014

As usual we had a great stay, the entertainment is great, the bar is nice and also the lounge. Definitely recommended. The pool area and biking also enjoyable. However, two things had me concerned this time.

1) While eating breakfast on both days I realised that the chef does not interchange cooking utensils when making bacon omelettes or vege omelettes as there was only one utensil on the days we were there. That is definitely an issue to be looked at and changed.

2) We were situated in a room next to a family; from the screams, dragging of furniture, door/ wall banging and loud talking/ television I gathered it was a couple with a kid (boy). Now this is very annoying especially when I would like to sleep in late or sleep on afternoons. I did speak with the Front Desk who called them but that did not work. They also informed me that I could not have been relocated because they were in full capacity which I understand. However, this brings me to think that because this a family oriented hotel and I am quite sure I am not the only guest to experience such discomfort and some sort of policy should be implemented for family's with kids. Whether it is family's with kids under a certain age are allowed to stay on a designated part of the hotel only or if you are reported you can be asked to vacate the premises once the noise level has been confirmed by a member of staff... those are just some suggestions which should be thought about and expanded upon.

Notwithstanding the above, I had a great stay. Thank you team Magdalena!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are nice, you get a nice view. Also, when reserving please ask for a room that are not located close to rooms with kids.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mumohd
Rachael N, Director of Sales at Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Mr Mohammed,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your reviews with us. It is always wonderful to hear from our repeat visitors.

Your comments and suggests have been forwarded to our management team for review. It is only with your feedback are we able to improve our services to you.

We remain at your service and look forward to your next visit.

Warmest regards,