“What a get away!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lowlands
Trinidad
“What a get away!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Went to Magdalena for a weekend get away just to relax and got exactly what I was looking for. Must thank Lincoln Thomas for everything. He went beyond to make sure our stay was fantastic. If you want to visit Magdalena ask for this guy. He will take care of you. On reaching we were greeted by the very warm smile from Ms.Shaheeda. Check in was done within minutes. Tony the floor manager for breakfast was excellent. You must taste the omelets from Chef Kiev. I ate like 2 and still wanted more. There was a waiter, Matthew I believe is his name, he kept checking on us as well as the other guest to make sure that everything was okay. What I enjoyed most about this hotel is that I heard nothing but the waves crashing on the rocks. No cars. No phones nothing but the soothing sounds of the waves. I will be returning to Magdalena in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rachael N, Director of Sales at Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your reviews with us.

It was truly a delight to be of service during your vacation getaway.

We are delighted that some of our team members were able to make it such a memorable time. We are quite proud of our Magdalena family and will be sure to pass along your kind comments.

We look forward to your return in the not so distant future :)

Warm wishes,
Magdalena Grand

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

We recently had a family trip to the Magdalena. On arrival we were welcomed and greeted by the most pleasant, smiling and gracious Miss Sasha Smith. The check in time took approximately five minutes. Miss Smith treated us like royalty. For us, it's not just about the facilities the hotel provide, it's all about about service. The room was well furnished and spacious. The ambience of the entire environment generated peace, love and tranquility. Our only concern, is the very poor lighting outside the hotel in the night. The place is very safe however brighter lighting will be an improvement. We are returning in May 2014 with our friends and family. This was our third visit to the Grand Magdalena. Thank you Miss Sasha Smith for all your great customer service. We felt very special at this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Rachael N, Director of Sales at Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is always a pleasure to hear from our past guests.

We will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments to Sasha and the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you soon again to our side of paradise.

Sunny wishes from Tobago,
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is my first bad review of any hotel I have stayed at in the Carribean. To get. Drink is like pulling teeth often it arrives well after we have finished our starters. The staff rarely smile or joke,

Our room has no kettle. No issue I asked for one. No problem they said. 2 days later and 4 phone calls it arrived, out toilet stopped working properly, again these things happen. Engineer is on his way they said, 1 hour later than expected he arrived. Next day toilet not working again. No water for 6 hours no communication to what was going on,quite unfortunate if you need to use the loo.

On one occasion after ordering a drink (we have per paid our drinks on an all inclusive). After taking my order at the bar the girl then ran bills through a till for 10minutes I gave up and had. Glass of water in my room. I have many other examples

Today an exception we had great service with a smile from Shenika Williams it made our day.

The food apart from the breakfasts is very good Although at breakfast the freah egg / omlette section is good the buffet is cold and tea / coffe arrives often after you have finished your breakfast

We have another week in this hotel, we are currently minded to leave early. We Would be very happy to have a proper discussion with management on how they can improve the service, however they do not appear to be here We are in room 176 tip 19/03/14 and happy to discuss our issues / concerns.

1. Have wine and beer available in the main restaurant. Why do waiters take 10 minutes to go to. Bar to get it
2. All staff should smile and introduce themselves and their role
3. Staff should remove gales from around ckchairs daily. It is ugly to sedan huge bunch go glasses not removed for 3 days. Despite me telling the staff where they were
4. You advertise a golf package. Why does crept ion point me to the bell boy to book a tea time. He sends me to the consierge. Who then tells me I need to go to the golf course
5. No real info in room. No spa information. Surely you want to sell Sara treatments, no info on tennis etc.

Able

Room Tip: All rooms appear fine. Do not but a. Luxe upgrade from monarch or virgin as all rooms are the same...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim M
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us via Trip Advisor, however our team would have been more than happy to speak with you directly to address any issues that you may be experiencing during your stay.
Please rest assure that a member of our management team would be in touch with you very shortly.

We do apologize for the inconvenience regarding the lack of water, however as indicated to our guests this problem is beyond our control as it stems from the local authorities. Our team has worked very hard to ensure a stable water supply to the resort, and we happy that we have managed to accomplish this during the island-wide situation.

We also wish to apologize for the lack of Guest Service Directory book in your room. We are in the process of re-doing these and as such some rooms may not have them. We would be happy to have information on the spa delivered to your room. Tennis raquets can also be obtained from our Guest Services and our courts are equipped for both night and day playing.

We do hope that we would be able to provide you with the exceptional service that is customary at the Magdalena Grand over the next few days. Our General Manager would be in touch with you very soon.

If there is anything further we can do to be of assistance please do not hesitate to speak with our management team. We are always available to assist.

Warm regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed here at the Magdalena for my anniversary in early March and I must say it was absolutely fantastic. Although some of the reception staff are not so 'warm' as you'd hope them to be, I must highly commend Avalon for showing genuine interest in the clients and going the extra mile to ensure their comfort. Emmanuel (Food & Beverage) deserves some praise for his customer service skills as well. Both these young men are assets to the organisation.
The food at every restaurant was very tasty, so much so that my toddler daughter ate far much more than she usually does at home! It was refreshing to stay at a resort with so much space (greens and ocean) in view.
There was a slight mix-up in our rooms when we arrived, and although it was not an issue for us, management offered us some complementary treats as some form of compensation.
Both my husband and I (and I guess to some extent my daughter) was very impressed with this resort and concluded that we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Na D
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your reviews with us.

It was indeed delightful to hear that even your toddler daughter enjoyed our Chef's dishes! We hope she also loved the kidsplay park and kids club. As you know, kids are very important guests to us!

Thank you for also mentioning our team members, we are quite proud of them and will be certain to pass along your message.

We look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Until then, warm wishes from Tobago!

San Fernando, Trinidad
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

on check in date water went while I was in the shower with soap all over, took over an hour and multiple calls to F desk before they sent 5 small bottles of water for me- I still haven't received an apology/courtesy. towels are old and very rough to touch. room maintainance is always late, over the four days I was there the free coffee/tea and toiletries were replenished one time. bathroom walls were sticky on check in, had to buy my own cleaning wipes to make the bathroom and toilet usable.
front desk check is slow and kinda unaware of whats going on. average time to have room service dishes and garbage removed from outside your room door is 2 days.
I asked to have a working iron to replace the one in the room and it never came.

food and beverage staff is good especially breakfast and the pool bar.

thankfully Tobago is beautiful and It helped me to maintain my sanity after choosing this hotel.

this hotel obviously was a great hotel in previous years, unfortunately now the service and upkeep is horrible and only a matter of time before the facilities go downhill as well, due to poor maintainance. in my opinion it is now a very overpriced hotel for the service it offers.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Gerard R
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate that you took the time to share your reviews with us.

We are truly sorry for the inconveniences caused during your stay. Letters were in fact sent to all our guest rooms informing them of the water problem and that the issue was beyond our control as it stemed from the local authorities. Our team worked very hard to ensure that a constant supply of water was delivered to the resort during this island-wide situation.

Our management team have reviewed your feedback and we would like to ensure you that steps are being taken to improve our services.

We do hope that we would have another opportunity to be of service to you and to provide you with a truly memorable experience.

Warm wishes,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and i recently visited the beautiful Magdalena Grand hotel...It was an amazing experience. OMG it was AMAZING. Great service. I must say hats off to Reneil from the Maintenance dept..We requested for a cart to pick us up from our room but they were taking a while because the hotel was very busy. We saw him passing by and informed him. He said that he would be right back but we payed him no mind. Minutes later he arrived personally with the six seat cart which wasn't his job to take us to our destination. That is what you call SERVICE!.....The food was great also with a wide variety to choose from including local cuisine....there were three beautiful pools to choose from and also the wonderful beach if you feel like taking a dip or a stroll along the sand. All in all it was great. Definitely will be back soon......

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review!
It was certainly a pleasure to be of service to you.
We also appreciate that you took the time to provide us with the name of our team members who went the extra mile to ensure your stay was a memorable one. We will be sure to pass along your comments to him.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Warmest regards,
Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My family and I have a great time ,and any time we stay at this hotel. The staff is great to name is few Misty and Camille. keep up the great work. My kids love it and all the pools and the view is amazing.
The spa was so heavenly and we cant wait to return next month for easter weekend.
I love tobago and its people.
I have had the best service ever from all the staff to name Ms. Robin you are great and keep up the hard work.
Thank you and see you soon toabgo.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rachael N, Director of Sales at Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure to read your review. We always appreciate our past guests taking the time out of their busy day to share with us and the rest of the world their experience at Magdalena Grand.

Thank you for also mentioning our team members. We will be sure to pass along your kind compliments to those mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you for Easter!

Best regards,
Magdalena Grand
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowlands
Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort
Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort
Grafton Beach Resort
Grafton Beach Resort
#2 of 2 in Black Rock

Been to Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!