Myself and my partner travelled to Tobago at the beginning of June and we loved Magdalena Grand Beach and Gold Resort.
You can tell the hotel was originally Hilton as the standards are very high and all facilities are top quality.
The staff are amazing particularly Colin, Camille, Kennis, Kevin, Henri the driver and Monifa's cooking is amazing. To be honest all staff we came into contact with were extremely friendly and helpful.
Myself and my partner are both vegetarians and the food on offer was the best we have ever experienced! The variety was also fantastic and the choice of all inclusive drinks was very impressive.
Make sure you hire bikes and cycle around the grounds - ask for directions to the boardwalk for a unique walk through mangroves.
We felt safe the entire time we were visiting and, with it being the rainy season the hotel was not that busy - PERFECT! Just how we like it!
I would definitely recommend staying here - it is in the top two hotels on the island. With this hotel it is on the Atlantic side, this means there is a breeze which not only keeps you cool but keeps mosquitos away - Hurrah. Being on the Atlantic side does mean the sea is choppy, you can swim in it but to be honest who needs to when you have lovely infinity pools?
If you have booked this do not worry - you will have a fantastic stay and feel safe the entire time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new, 4 Star, Magdalena Grand Beach Resort is located on Tobago Plantations Estate, a 750 acre gated community, and offers 178 Deluxe OceanFront Rooms and 22 One and Two Bedroom Suites. All accommodations are Ocean Front with private balconies. This beachfront resort offers an 18-hole PGA Golf Course, its own Dive Center, Spa, and the largest amount of banquet & meeting space on Tobago. Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vhl Tobago Golf Hotel Lowlands
- Vhl Tobago Golf And Spa Resort
- Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort Tobago/Lowlands