My family and I travelled from the USA to Tobago for a vacation. I am originally from Trinidad but have been living in the US for a little over 26 years. It was our first trip back to the island since migrating so I had to rely on the internet for reviews on where would be a good place to stay. We chose Magdalena Grand based on the pictures and past reviews. The property itself was very picturesque and a great place to return to after a day of visiting the popular venues such as Pigeon Point (best beach in Tobago). Ok, so when I made the booking for this hotel, I booked a one bedroom ocean front suite that sleeps six. The price was a bit expensive and when we went to check in, I found out that I had to pay for each additional person in the room even though the room sleeps six. Sixty US dollars per person per night. This was not an all inclusive deal with the exception of breakfast. Very expensive breakfast I guess. Well, this is why I booked a room that sleeps six. Anyway make certain you call ahead to avoid any costly surprises. Additionally the beach is not for swimming, make no mistake about this....you cannot swim there. Also, be prepared to do allot of walking as the rooms are off of the main building, sort of like apartment style and trust me, you will walk allot to the restaurants and pool area. The breakfast which is included was the best meal of the day, the dinners are extremely expensive. My family of four averaged $50.00 US a plate for dinner. Failing that you can eat in what they call a sports bar which has a very limited menu. You wont be able to do that every night. I was told that the swim up bar closes at 6:00PM, well better get there by 5:30 or you will be out of luck. Also when you check in they ask you for money for incidentals up front with a promise to give you back cash upon departure for what you do not use. When I went to check out and asked back for my deposit, I was told that the amount was to much and that I would have to leave my banking information. Its been 9 days and I am still waiting. This hotel will cost a family of 5 an average of $500 to $700 US per night not including meals. I am not sure what other options you have on the island if you are looking for a nice hotel as most of the old ones that I remember seem not so well reviewed. Again, confirm your price before you travel. All in all, it was scenic and comfortable but very pricy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new, 4 Star, Magdalena Grand Beach Resort is located on Tobago Plantations Estate, a 750 acre gated community, and offers 178 Deluxe OceanFront Rooms and 22 One and Two Bedroom Suites. All accommodations are Ocean Front with private balconies. This beachfront resort offers an 18-hole PGA Golf Course, its own Dive Center, Spa, and the largest amount of banquet & meeting space on Tobago. Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vhl Tobago Golf And Spa Resort
- Vhl Tobago Golf Hotel Lowlands
- Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort Tobago/Lowlands