Stayed here towards the end of July 2014. Lovely property, and well maintained. There are three pools including two infinity pools, tennis courts, complimentary bicycles available. The only draw back is that the beach is not great for bathing and the hotel staff is honest enough to tell you that. However there are complimentary shuttles to Pigeon Point every day and that is a gorgeous beach. Try and get there by before 11:00 am though if you want to get one of the huts. If not you can always rent some beach chairs @TT$18.00 each and find a nice shady tree.
Breakfast offers a wide range and its nice to see they try to incorporate some of the local dishes.
Ideally I would suggest renting a vehicle as the main building and rooms are quite a distance from the highway. Also a vehicle gives you the flexibility to go the mall (less than 10 minutes away), Scarborough, the very scenic Fort George, and of course the bustling Crown Point area. In this area there is the La Cantina restaurant serving pizza baked the old fashioned way in a clay oven, and Chef's Bar B Que serving very tasty local food including soups on certain days and crab and dumpling.
A 10 minute drive will get you to the Shirvan mall which has a casino a lovely tea shop and a restaurant serving local dishes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new, 4 Star, Magdalena Grand Beach Resort is located on Tobago Plantations Estate, a 750 acre gated community, and offers 178 Deluxe OceanFront Rooms and 22 One and Two Bedroom Suites. All accommodations are Ocean Front with private balconies. This beachfront resort offers an 18-hole PGA Golf Course, its own Dive Center, Spa, and the largest amount of banquet & meeting space on Tobago. Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travelbag, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vhl Tobago Golf Hotel Lowlands
- Vhl Tobago Golf And Spa Resort
- Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort Tobago/Lowlands