“Food to Die For”

Cuisines: Irish
Description: Phone no 00 353 94 9253822
Description: Phone no 00 353 94 9253822
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Had lunch last Friday in this Restaurant I had the Black Pudding in Sauces for starters and I don't think I ever tasted anything as delicious then had the Roast Chicken for Main Course which I have to say was delicious The Waitress who was working that day was so friendly and nice my children were with me and the service was excellent very clean restaurant and I would definitely recommend this place to anybody as it is one of the nicest restaurants I have ever eaten it the food was top class and so tasty will definitely be back and keep up the good work Broadway

There are newer reviews for Broadway Restaurant

Reviewed 14 March 2013

We stopped one Sunday evening on route home to Donegal. The food we got was terrible, shouldn't have paid for it but then again that's us Irish!!
Bruschetta with goat's cheese was a bread roll with saute veg and a red "ketchup" sause with gratted cheese, seafood chowder was like glue it was that thick!!
main course was that dissapointing a can hardly remember what it was!!
The staff were two young people in there late teens, the girls didnt even ask use what we wanted to drink and had to read what we pointed to on the menu. the water was that busy fixing his hair in the mirror i dont think we realised that there was customer in the place!!
The place should be closed never mind not eating in it ever again!!
Terible experince!!

3  Thank sal1983
Reviewed 2 November 2012

This restaurant is situated in Main Street in Charlestown, quite near Knock Airport.
It is very clean, quiet and very relaxed atmosphere. They do lovely snacks. light lunches and 'proper' cooked meals -whatever you fancy. It is great for people who are working and in a hurry with limited time. If you are on holidays and prefer a leisurely lunch then it is also suitable! the staff are very friendly and efficient and are happy to serve you their delicious food.You can take as long as you like.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Perhaps this was an off night, but the food seemed to come out of the microwave and was formulaic eg Thai fish cakes. Nothing tasted of that much and there was nothing remotely Irish about it - by which I certainly do not mean cod Irish or shades of green but good wholesome food. It was not overly expensive - at least. We had been recommended by someone on car hire at Knock airport, I hope their tase buds were better than the recommendation; it was the only poor experience of an otherwise excellent trip.

3  Thank AZandDZ
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I happened upon this restaurant on the way to Achill. Initially I compared prices among the different restaurants in Charlestown. Broadway was chosen because it was the most reasonable. The decor of the restaurant is a little dated and the interior a little dull, it is clean though. We were not expecting much...

However the dinner served was excellent! The portions were a good size and filling. The dinner served belies the setting of the restaurant. I can honestly say that I have eaten food half as good in places double the price. The staff were very friendly and chatty. There was another table with children and the staff were very accommodating to them. Top-ups of orange juice and tea were offered at no extra cost during and after the meal.

On the way back from Achill we chose to stop here and eat again.This will be a regular stop in future when travelling this side of the country!!! Well done Broadway and keep it up!