“Hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlestown
Riverside Restaurant Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Charlestown B&B and Inns
Lancaster
“Hospitality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have stayed here a number of times as a lone traveller, every time I visit it gets better.
Rooms are always spotless and the staff are always friendly.
I always eat in the restaurant because the food is very good without being too expensive.

Breakfasts are always very good. Last time I stayed it was cooked by Anthony Junior and it was just excellent.

Anthony is also a very friendly guy that likes to make sure his guests are happy.

I plan to use the Riverside as a base in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chilliwack, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have stayed at The Riverside B and B several times .Sometimes on my own and also with friends or family.If you are looking for a 5 star overpriced hotel then this is not for you.If you are looking for excellent food,real service ,information on local history then this is the place for you. I had been to Charlestown looking for relatives as I knew my grandfather was from there.I had returned several times and it was Anthony and Anne that put me in touch with someone that knew the towns history and also knew my relatives.They went out of their way to help.I return to Charlestown and the Riverside yearly now and it feels like going home.Lookin forward to returning in 2014!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

During a recent visit to Ireland with friends and staying close by to Charlestown we asked some locals about the restaurants and the Riverside was the one we chose. So good was our visit that we returned another two times during our stay. The staff where very helpful and courteous and attentive to our requests. The meals we had satisfied each one of us greatly, well prepared and presented.and the menu was varied and not excessively over priced. If we are back in the area in the future we will definitely call again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
candise382
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in a family room. The bed room was large and very clean, we had views of the river (sadly no ducks but two footballs!) and the beds were comfy. The only negative was that the curtains were very thin -

The breakfast was plentiful, we also had a meal on our first evening which was top notch.

The staff were friendly and attentive, and made us and our children very welcome.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Through a mix up I arrived at Knock airport a day early and on the recommendation of an airport staff member I hopped on a bus for a 20 minute journey into Charlestown and spotted the Riverside restaurant and B & B right across from the bus stop. As I walked into the restaurant I knew it was the place to be and the girl on reception checked me into a single room for the night and at a very good price. The room was comfortable and spotless and with the bathroom right facing me across a very narrow hallway. The bathroom was spotless with several clean towels. It was so peaceful in the morning that I stayed asleep until 9am before I went down to breakfast. A real Irish breakfast which was delicious. The owners and the staff are very helpful and so friendly. Me!! Oh I'll make it my base when I tour Mayo again. Close to Charlestown is Knock Shrine, Wesport and just a 3 hour drive to Galway and many more lovely places

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tractorboy10
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Called in by chance when driving through Charlestown on way home to Belfast. Great food, value and staff... Would definitely recommend. It was really really good home cooked food and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

We went to the Riverside today for Mother's Day.

The staff are lovely and friendly, and offering a free glass of house wine to Mom was a nice touch.
It is very casual however, and we had to find our own menus when we came in. Nobody to greet us, nothing formal

The food menu was just the usual Sunday lunch affair--turkey and ham or roast beef with mash and veg, or breaded fish or chicken curry, etc. Large portions. Nothing gourmet about the food in any shape or form.,More like a Sunday lunch in a hotel carvery..

But the good thing is, the prices reflect that. It is very good value, and you get what you pay for.

We had an enjoyable lunch in this attractive old building. Perhaps we might have liked the food to have been a bit more special, but overall it was a nice experience

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlestown
The Gateway Hotel
Deerpark Manor Bed & Breakfast
Murphy's Hotel
Murphy's Hotel
#2 of 6 in Tubbercurry

Been to Riverside Restaurant Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!