A little bit of heaven in an vineyard. We had a wonderful time, with six, seven' eight or so people going in an out of the farmhouse. Plenty of dishes. kitchen ware, firewood for the wonderful fireplace in the kitchen, linens, and help from the front office.
The farmhouse accommodates 10 easily. But, Marco and Nada are the true stars, with all of their help, good recommendations, just everything. All of the small towns near by are worth spending time in, along with fine restaurants. The view from the wine fields is spectacular, as was the tour Marco took us on in the winery. Such an education. Learning about the olive groves and seeing the farmers do all their work was so interesting.
The breeze coming though the house was wonderful, and every view really breath taking. We had pheasants, fox, deer and piggies; They were a hoot. Big and little.
Petrolo is a real working farm, and makes you appreciate all the work it takes.
We had an unfortunate accident with one of our group, in another Italian town, and the front desk could not have been more helpful. All in all, a wonderful place to stay, enjoy being with family and friends, recoup, strike out to all of Tuscany, and to get to know something of how wonderful the Italian people are.
We would all go back in an New York Minute! Hooray for Petrolo, their wine, olive oil and honey!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Petrolo owns lovely farm holiday houses and an XVIII century Villa ideal for large groups, events and celebrations. Petrolo is in the south-eastern side of the Chianti hills and dominates the panorama of the Valdarno valley. Between 30 to 50 km from Florence, Siena and Arezzo, Petrolo is placed in an area full of charm, the ideal base for discovering Tuscan renowned history, art, food and wine. Perfect location to relax soaking-in the unaffected natural comfort of our countryside, among vineyards and olive groves, maybe diving in our swimming pools or getting to the near Thermal Baths. Petrolo is a winery passionately producing award-winning wines and organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Landmark of the estate is the medieval watchtower of Galatrona while precious renaissance works by Giovanni Della Robbia can be found in the old Parish Church of Galatrona, facing Villa Petrolo. We are pleased to offer to our guests a visit of our winery with tasting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Petrolo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tenuta Di Petrolo Hotel Mercatale Valdarno
- Petrolo Italy/Tuscany - Mercatale Valdarno