“Amazing Hotel, Wonderful People!”
Review of Piccolo Hotel

Piccolo Hotel
Miami, Florida
“Amazing Hotel, Wonderful People!”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This little hotel is a true gem! My husband has been staying there off and on for the past month while sailing in the area and I had the joy of staying for a few days while I visited. We can not say enough about the owners, Enrico and Eva. As the other reviewers have stated, they are the nicest people and go above and beyond every day to see that the guests are comfortable and happy. The rooms are normal size for European hotels, comfortable for two people. They are super clean and decorated with bright, cheerful colors. The location is also perfect. 2 blocks from the beach, 5 blocks from the marina. We had no need for a car while staying there. Many restaurants and shops in the immediate area. But you must visit the restaurant downstairs. Owned by Alfredo and Carmela, it is excellent! Their son and daughter work there everyday and they have made my husband and I feel like part of the family. They are wonderful and the food is terrific. We hope to be back in Rosignano Solvay in the future and would not think of staying anywhere else but the Piccolo Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This hotel goes above and beyond in their service! My husband arrived to Rosignano about a week before I did as he was sailing in a regatta. The airline lost his luggage and took 2 days to call hotel that they found it ! Now, the airport is in Pisa about 45 minutes away. It was late at night and my husband was eating dinner in the hotel restaurant (which is EXCELLENT) and Enrico (hotel owner) insisted my husband keep eating and HE WOULD GO GET STEVE'S LUGGAGE ! Can you believe that? No one in the States would ever do that ! Now, week 2 my husband and his sailing team moved to a house and left the Piccolo hotel. I emailed Enrico to get name of florist to send flowers to my husband for good luck. INSTEAD, Enrico said he would take care of it and deliver the flower's himself! what? The team isn't even staying there anymore and Enrico is still helping us !
The hotel is great ! the room's are normal Europe size. But super clean and comfortable and the price is amazing! I would ask for a room with a patio, nice to have the extra room. The restaurant is AWESOME! My husband and his team still go back to the hotel restaurant to eat !
We will absolutely stay here again on our next visit !

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a patio!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cris Teena H
Montalcino, Italy
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The Piccolo Hotel is just a 3 star albergo, so nothing out of the ordinary in terms of facilities. However it is spotlessly clean, well located near the beach, patisseries & restaurants, reasonably priced, and quiet. But that's not what sets it apart from the countless other albergos along the coast.

What does is the hosts, Eva & Enrico, who have gone out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable and hassle free as possible. Not only have they gone out of their way, they have done so with pleasure and certainly seem to gain some satisfaction from actually helping their guests.

I cannot think of anywhere else that I have stayed, anywhere on any continent, where I have felt more appreciated as a guest. Plenty of 5 star hotels could learn from something from the genuine hospitality of this little hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Agriturismo Le Biricoccole
Hotel Tornese
Hotel Tornese
#2 of 3 in Marina di Cecina

Been to Piccolo Hotel? Share your experiences!