“A grand yet homely place.”

Villa Manin di Passariano
Ranked #1 of 22 things to do in Codroipo
Brighton, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A grand yet homely place.”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I'm very happy in how they have changed the place, when I was little my grandmother used to take us to tea with the Manin. It was a little daunting. So when it was turned into a museum, I nervously went to visit but I needn't have had any fears, they have done a wonderful job. And every Christmas, we make a couple of trips. Usually to see the exhibition which is always marvellous. And quite often we go around the park which is glorious, we happily spot red and black squirrels amongst other things. There is also a delightful exhibition of cribs and outside in the last few years, the local primary schools have had a theme to follow and make these inventive creations out of recycling.
Last Christmas, I noticed the disabled access as my mother has become less mobile. And the lifts work and it's all pretty satisfactory.

I highly recommend a visit.

Visited December 2013

• Czech first
Long Island, New York
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Wonderful exhibit space”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We've seen many different shows here over the years and today saw the "Trame di Cinema", costumes and history of the Oscar-nominated costume designer Danilo Donati, who designed for Fellini, Pasolini, Zeffirelli, etc. Clips of some of the movies were shown, (dubbed in Italian) like Taming of the Shrew, with Taylor & Burton, and Richard Burton's costume was there. The music and sound acoustics were fabulous.

It was a great way to spend a few hours and we will try to revisit some of the films on DVD (Satyricon! Casanova! Amarcord!) But the real star was the Villa Manin, which uniquely showcases the pictures and music. The staff are helpful and pleasant. The shortfall is the regular exhibit area, showing armaments and carriages, which are real treasures but musty-smelling and poorly annotated. However we noted that the glass and windows are sparkling and the bathrooms are clean.

We've been to the gardens and cafe in the past, and you could easily spend a day here, if the weather is nice. This exhibit is on till June 22, 2014.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank HappyNY97
Winnipeg, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Rammstein in Concert”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

ANY concert played here is a must to see. There is nothing like it. Stayed in Trieste and trained and bused to this venue. Well worth the trip.

Visited July 2013
Noordeloos, The Netherlands
114 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 215 helpful votes
“Good exhibitions, but impractical for handicapped”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The 2013-2014 festive season featured an - otherwise excellent - exhibition on the Hungarian reporter Robert Capa, who became famous by his photography on the front lines of World War II. My criticism concerns the way the museum organises major exhibits. There is - of course - a walking direction, but the toilets are at the beginning (or end, if you wish) only; with busy attendance, it's almost impossible to deviate from the "maelstrom" of visitors. For handicapped, there is a small elevator that hardly accomodates a wheelchair. There is no coffee shop close to the visitors' area, but immediately outside the Villa Manin complex is a pleasant bar and restaurant, Cà dei Angeli.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank JWG_080353
Adelaide, Australia
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“lovely memories”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I remember going to this palace back in 1988. It is good to hear that its still a beautiful place. I remember from there going to this fantastic osteria to have pasta fagiole. Hope to go back to this region where my family is from next year.

Visited November 2012